Thread: maternity dress for night out

mumkate Guest

Default maternity dress for night out

any ideas as belly button has now popped lol and leeking like mad the joys of it all lol

also ive finshed work so if any one wants a chat pls pm me on my messgers thanks and tkae care all

Last edited by mumkate; October 15th, 2006 at 08:04 AM.

just moving to general pregnancy discussion

have you got any breast pads for the leaking? I couldn't live without them.

There are a couple of places that make 6-way maternity dresses (so halter, strapless etc) but they're expensive, over $200 I think.

Ha, I put a band-aid over my belly button the other day......worked but it left a red band-aid mark for a few days after!
    I recently bought a black bonds dress ($49?) which, although not a maternity dress, fitted quite nicely....not sure if it's flashy enough for an official outing though....

Hello, You might be able to dress up a simple black outfit with a fabulous silk scarf and some eye catching accessories, make sure you've some really nice shoes that are also comfy and I'm sure it will be just right!

Good luck!
    :-)

Hi Kate, welcome to BB. About time you did your first post girl

I was pg at my engangement party, 7months actually. Anyway, I found a dress that wasn't even maternity to wear. I was very stretchy, had lyrca in it and was so comfortable to wear. I still have it now. Perhaps just have alook around and see what you can find. This seasons fashion are smock style dresses so you might be lucky enough to get away with something that isn't too maternityish, especially as you don't have that long to go.

I can vouch for Fletch's choice of dress - she looked fab in it

Luckily the fashion right now is all loose, comfy, maternity-type dresses so you may just find something 'normal' to wear. I also found that the stretchy dresses fit me through preg and attended wedings and engagements in non-maternity dresses. There are some good maternity sites with evening wear but they can get expensive. Good luck and have fun...i'm sure you'll look great!