Thread: Maybe Baby????

krisso Guest

Default Maybe Baby????

HI. I AM JUST OVER 5 WEEK PREGNANT AND LAST NIGHT I STARTED BLEEDING. I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AND THEY DID A BLOOD TEST TO CHECK SOME LEVELS AND TOLD ME TO GET ANOTHER ONE IN 2 DAYS TO COMPARE RESULTS TO SEE IF THE LEVEL IS DROPPING. THE WAIT IS KILLING ME AND NEED TO KNOW. THE BLEEDING WAS A FAIR BIT WITH SMALL CLOTS. IT LASTED A ABOUT AN HOUR THEN I JUST GOT SOME DRY BROWN BLOOD. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SORT OF INFORMATION THAT MIGHT GET ME THROUGH THE NEXT 2 DAYS? IM GOING CRAZY HERE

Hi Krisso

I don't really have any info for you - except perhaps check out the Bleeding in Pregnancy thread - there are some amazing stories there of women who have bled, and alot in some cases - and still went on to have beautiful babies.

Good luck with your HCG levels - do you know what they came back as from the hospital visit, might give you a bit of an idea if they were within the suggested range for 5 weeks.

Sam

I'm afraid you will just have to wait and see what the next blood test shows. I know how difficult it is waiting for that second test. Bleeding has always meant m/c for me, but BB is full of ladies who've had far bigger bleeds than the one you've described who've gone on to have healthy babies. Best of luck.

krisso Guest

hi. my hcg levels last monday were 160 then a week later when i started bleeding they were only 360. i dont understand how it all woks though???

Krisso,

I wish I had a crystal ball to tell you whats going to happen. The wait will be awful I really feel for you.

I had a bleed at about four weeks pg, after having brown spotting for about 10 days straight, but I'm now 32 weeks pg with no more problems or bleeding so don't worry just yet.

I'm no expert on hcg levels, but I think they are supposed to increase daily as more of the pregnancy hormones are released in your bodyas your pregnancy progresses?? Someone may have a better explaination than that though!

Good luck XX

Hi Krisso

The HCG levels should double around every 48-72 hours, quicker during the earlier stages of preg. So if you were 160 and then a week later 360 - I understand why the docs would err on the side of caution and request some more HCG levels - but again, as myself and others have already said - you just never know

Good luck hun.

krisso Guest

hi. thanks all for your replys and support. i went back to doctors today for my latest hcg results and they have dropped to 285 so i am having m/c. so i've been told now i just have to wait and see if my body will get fid of everything or if i need a d&c. once again thanks all for your support

Krisso, I am so sorry for your loss.

Look after yourself

Oh Krisso, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Look after yourself and sending you a big

The forum for miscarriage & loss in here is a great place for support too - helped keep me sane, I couldn't recommend it enough.

Krisso I'm so sorry, look after yourself....

I'm so sorry for your loss Krisso. Please take care.