Thread: Meal ideas to cook and freeze for when bubs is born?

Default Meal ideas to cook and freeze for when bubs is born?

Hi Ladies,

I finish work next week ready to have baby no.1 and thought I'd get cooking and freeze some meals to make life easier when we bring the baby home... I'm after some meal ideas that would be tasty when thawed? I'm going to do lasagne and calzones, but my ideas stop there - help!

Casseroles are always good. And curries?

healthy home made pizzas with vegies and stuff on them - so tasty and you just put them in the oven...
    shepherds or cottage pies (look for the recipe mix in the spices aisle in the supermarket) - put vegies in for extra goodness, and top with mash potato - perfect for winter weather...
    chow mein? ive eaten this from the freezer but can't remember if it thawed well...
    ummmmmm can't think of much else... if you go to the recipe mix section you will get heaps of ideas for winter meals, like beef strog, lamb ragout and other dishes, worth a shot!!

Great idea. I did this too. There all sorts of pastas - bolognese, tomato based chicken, pasta bakes etc, curries (make them mild - sometimes spicy foods can upset bubs in the first few weeks - from the bm that is!!), any sort of casserole, risotto, crumbed chicken snitzchel (or veal or beef), stir fry. I can't think of more off the top of my head, but that should keep you busy in the kitchen for a while!! All the best!

Pumpkin soup freezes well

Ben01 Guest

I second pumpkin soup - the homemade variety!!
    Very easy to make too!~!

It is a great idea to make some frozen meals - we found them so very useful with DS! My favourites were lasagne in small foil containers (enough for 2) and pasta sauce (since pasta is so easy to cook on the day). I alos made a huge batch of thick & chunky vegie soup which turned out awesome!

I was going to say pretty much what's already on here. Apricot chicken is another one you could do.

AND if you run out of time etc and bubs is here and you don't wanna spend long time cooking ...... my winter favourite

CROCKPOTS

I am making some soup today actually, yummmmmm ...

Mmmm yum, thanks for the great ideas - now I'm hungry!

Mince is always good;
    Spag Bol
    Lasagna
    Meatballs w rice
    Quiche
    Meatloaf
    Shepherds Pie

I also baked some slices - just two - for when unexpected guests drop in to see baby......