Thread: Mediare Rebate Question : Management Fee?

Default Mediare Rebate Question : Management Fee?

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone could give me anidea of how much I would get back after paying my 20 week management fee of $1800.
    I last checked with Medicare and was told I am currently up to $500 towards my threshold with medical bills up to date before I have paid my $1800 fee.
    So if someone could give me an idea of what I will get back after paying may management fee I would be very grateful.

p.s Our Medicar threshold minimum is the approx $1000 level

Hi AnnaBElle,

I was in a similar situation to you a couple of weeks ago. My Mgmt fee was $2000, and we were at $600 on our medicare safety net.

We received $1089 back.

hope this helps.

Cheers..... Fi

One you hit your safety net amount you should get back 80% of out of pocket medical expenses. That is, unless your OB charges a birth gap (as mine does) which isnt covered

The management fee will go toward the safety net so if your level is $1000 and you've already up to $500 of it then you won't get anything back for the first $500.
    What's left would be approx $1300 of which I'm not totally sure of the amount but I'd assume you would get most of that back as you would be over the safety net.
    Good news is that for the rest of the year you will get almost all of your medical expenses back for anything. Once we hit the safety net during my PG with Caleb I only had to pay about $5 for my OB checkups and for any other Drs appt for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Raven~ View Post
    The management fee will go toward the safety net so if your level is $1000 and you've already up to $500 of it then you won't get anything back for the first $500.
    AnnaBelle - yeah Raven is correct - my OB's fee was also $1800. When I went to claim my management fee back (didnt pay it until I was 30 weeks) DH and I were at $598. I was told the threshold was $1058 - we received $1129.25 back

My out of pocket expenses are only $10 now which is sooo good! OB appointment costs me $80 and I get $70 back

HTH