Thread: Medicare and the dentist

tinka Guest

Default Medicare and the dentist

Hi,
    I know this is probably the wrong place to post this but I didnt know where else to put it.
    I was just wondering if it is possible to claim dental work through medicare? I needed to get a crown on one of my teeth and I am not covered by my health fund....Then I thought about Medicare. Any chance I can get something back???

There is so much confusion in my brain about what is medicare and what is HCF....Ahh! Pregnancy brain or was I always confused about this stuff...
    Thanks,
    Tink x

Sorry Tink, medicare does not cover dental. However, I think there are concession for those with certain pension cards and health care cards but it is probably best to check with your dentist. HTH.

MG

Medicare does not cover dental. However, if you have a health care card from Centerlink, then you some dentists will let you claim on that. Every dentist is different, so you would have to ask them. You could even ask to start a payment plan to pay off your treatment.

Medicare doesnt cover any dental costs. There is however one item number that you can get some money from medicare for, and it relates to a certain anaesthetic. I cant remember the item number! But that is what Medicare told me because I rang them with the same question not that long ago.

But if you have to have a lot of work done like me apparently you can claim some back at tax time after the first $1500 out of pocket you get a percentage back ( i think 20 cents in the dollar ) i never knew about this till just last week