Thread: Midwife Clinics

Default Midwife Clinics

Has any body used a midwife clinic during their pregnancy?

What did you think of it? And did you always have to wait a million years until seeing someone, or did you get to see someone at your appointment time?

Karina,

I used the midwife clinic with DD#1 and again during this pregnancy. My very first appt at the hospital i did have to wait 2 hours - but that was to register. AFter this all my appts have been at a community centre nearby and i have a specific appt time. In and out in 20 mins. They are so lovely the midwives, i wouldnt have it any other way.

I had my first midwive appt about 3 weeks ago at the community centre and the SAME midwife that i had with my DD checked me over - hows that !!!

If you have a good doc then you can do share care - share your appts b/w your doc and the midwives... I dont have a doctor that knows me really well, reason i chose to soley see midwives.

Kirsty77 Guest

I saw midwives when I was pregnant and found them to be heaps better then the docs.For a start the midwives have first hand knowledge and they didn't try to rush me in and out like the docs did.If you have a low risk pregnancy I'd go the midwive option.They also had time for my stupid questions!

HI,
    I am a BIG fan of midwifery led care. I have had my four babies with this model of care. Because I was under the care of a midwife when I miscarried I still had my midwife with me through the whole ordeal.
    This is my area of passion... Statistics show that women have better outcomes when they are cared for through pregnancy by a midwife that they have learnt to trust and develop a relationship with. Even if a pregnancy becomes high risk, you can still have your midwife with you. This can make things much less scary. I would advise you to investigate facilities in your area, go to birth centres and hospitals that use the midwifery model. Make certain that you and your partner feel comfortable with who will care for you during your pregnancy, labour and in the early weeks with your baby. This is so very important.
    I would be very happy to help with contacts in your area if you would like.
    I wish you all the very best.
    Lots of love and blessings,
    Deb

I agree with the midwifery care... I work with a midwife, and she is just adoroble...

At our hospital, you only see the Ob every few appts... other than that you see the midwife team... so I am also going to be seen by them!