thread: Moisturiser you swear by to help reduce stretch marks

Feb 2012

Moisturiser you swear by to help reduce stretch marks

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone has used any products that they would recommend to help reduce stretch marks?

I'm only ten weeks pregnant and moisturise daily, I also have a largish fibroid which will more than likely grow along with bubs so am thinking there's no way I can avoid stretch marks, but maybe help reduce them?

Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance

Mar 2007
    Melbourne

Bio Oil or Cocoa Butter are both great.

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Mar 2008
    Vic

You could be lucky. I had five fibroids with DD, one large and popping out of my belly, and not a stretch mark to be seen (and both mum and nan got them).

I use Mama Bee Belly Balm. It's natural with pumpkin seed oil and olive oil, made by Burt's Bees. I use it probably 1-2 times per week after a shower. In the shower I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter shower gel. I'm 31 weeks pg with this baby and no stretch marks again (yet!!!)

Jun 2009
    vic

I'm afraid they are unavoidable. With DD I used nothing and got none. With this pregnancy I've got a heap

♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Like em said... once your skin stretches (which you can't avoid) and the skin fibres tear, they are not able to heal. Some products do claim to reduce the appearance, I think thats the best you can hope for. Moisturisers can only keep it moist and less itchy. Rose hip oil is known for scars and things like that, but I would also be careful what you feed your skin, because it is absorbed into your body. Baby oil for example is a very bad choice. Petrochemical byproduct ingredients.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

I always thought nothing could prevent them as they start too low down inthe dermis. I think you can only get them to fade a bit using creams???

Jul 2007
    Glenroy

I do have a propensity towards stretch marks (I have them on my arms and upper legs) but I used body shop miracle oil with both pgs and got none and the skin there is still noticeably soft 4 years on

Oct 2009
    Bonbeach, Melbourne

Nothing will prevent or reduce them, not really. Time has been the best remedy for my stretch marks. I use bio oil, but that's to keep my skin moisturised, not to prevent anything. I got them badly with DD and expect a resurgence this pregnancy.

Dec 2008
    Melbourne, VIC

When my mum was pg with me and my brother, she got heaps and heaps of stretch marks (I think we have similar skin) so i fully expected them as well when I got pg. I had a huge belly with DS2 as he was all out the front, but nothing! I was so so lucky. I did use this cream that contained olive oil. Probably didn't prevent the stretch marks b/c as the girls have said, if you're gonna get them you will, but I think it's done the trick for me and I'm sticking by that! lol.

Add sepata on Facebook

Sep 2011
    Sydney

there's a natural company running a trial at the moment for a skin oil to reduce marks, dryness etc. if you're interested i can PM you the details

Jul 2008
    Victoria

Sepata could you pm me the details? I have chronic dry skin!

Feb 2012

Thank you so much for all your responses

i realise there's not much hope of preventing them, if they are going to happen then they are going to happen! i guess i just thought if your skin is nice and soft and supple the appearance of them may not be so 'yukky' hopefully i'm like a couple of you and don't get any at all i think i'll give the Mama Bee Belly Balm a go and see what happens.

Thanks again ladies!

Feb 2012
    Melbourne , Victoria

Moisturiser you swear by to help reduce stretch marks

Sepata, I'm interested too please!
    Thanks

Sep 2008
    Adelaide

I didn't get any last time but have a few this time. I've been using nutrimetics nutri rich oil which seems to be helping keep me moisturize and minimizing more appearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 2005
    Sydney

Lucky genes. I don't have any after two pgs and I was intermittent at best with moisturizing, especially with no 2.