Thread: Morbid Thoughts

Debbie Lee Guest

Default Morbid Thoughts

Urrgh... I'm driving myself nutty with horrible, morbid thoughts about everything!
    I won't go into detail because they are too upsetting and aweful. I just don't understand why I let myself think such terrible things.
    This has gotta be an hormonal thing, right?

Last edited by Debbie Lee; December 22nd, 2006 at 07:51 PM.

If it's any consolation, I'm already making lists of which jewellery is valuable, which is sentimental and why, and what is just "pretty". Just in case I die and DH forgets. I'm really hoping it's something to do with making lists at work so everything goes smoothly whilst I'm off! I refuse to dwell on morbid thoughts about the baby, but the amount of times I am talking to someone and, yup, nasty morbid thoughts about them.

Even my dreams are morbid - people wanting to saw my head open with a circular saw (not helped by DH telling me they could go through bone the next morning when I checked) or me being dead and walking the world as a spirit... at least they're just dreams (for now!).

Don't know if it's pregnancy or not, but I wasn't like this before, not even in my gothy days!

I would agree that it is a hormonal thing i have had very morbid dreams and ones that i hae woken up crying to.

When i was pg with Alex i used to dream that i was cutting my tongue with a knife it felt so real.

Do you think sweetie that your hormones are going into over drive.I know for myself im a pretty tough cookie but with this pregi im a emotional reck i cry for no reason even Dr phill has been getting me going these days. When these thoughts pop into your head try to shake it off as long as they are just thoughts and theres no action dont worry and blame it on the hormones.

kittykat

Merry Christmas

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks guys... glad I'm not the only one.
    I guess with Gabby getting sick and being in hospital recently I've had a bit of a scare. I don't know what I'd do if I lost her (see... more morbid thoughts!) so I am frightening myself. I've had to stop myself from putting a mattress on the floor in her room and sleeping next to her!

oh ya poor love!

Sweetheart if you want to put a matres down in her room why not? It may make you feel better for a day or two!

It's all just a a stage as you would know if this is not the norm for you right! lol

Your entitled to have morbid thoughst once in a while, just dont act on them! lmao!

It will pass and then all you will be thinking abvout is how wonderful life seems and you'll be ion that real pregnant peaceful mama stage looking so forward to all the good things coming!

You'll be right sweetie!

Love and Light,
    Soul aka Jay

Oh Deb - how is Gab's doing? I totally relate to the morbid thoughts. I had a series of weird dreams last night all along the same path and all involving DH. I kept telling myself they were just dreams but had to resist the urge to wake him up and abuse him. Unfortunately, this morning the dreams were still very fresh in my mind and I had a great deal of difficulty in not taking it out on him.
    I hope you're ok though hon. Hang in there.

Love MG

I get these thoughts too at times...sometimes dreams of something happening and having to tell DH.

Soul, haven't seen you for a while hun...great to see you're still going well

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

With my first pregnancy I experienced terrible morbid thoughts and frightening nightmares. If my DH was only 10 minutes home late from work, terrible thoughts of where he was or something bad had happened to him. The nightmares where at times quite extreme and often I would be woken by the sound of me crying. I couldn't always remember them, but would wake frightened and upset. Both pregnancies I would grab hold of my DH while in bed and we were both asleep....I would dream regularly that he was falling and I had to save him. In time it passed and I returned to peaceful slumber and the thoughts of death and dying gradually disappeared.

Debbie, you are definately not alone and I would say that it is hormonal and our sub conscience and imaginations working overtime.

Awww Deb :hugs: Have you though anymore about seeing a pregnancy / birth counsellor? It might help.... And remember, you had some pretty scary thoughts when you were pregnant with Gab, so it might be a normal pregnancy reaction for you.

i had this pretty bad between 3 and 7 months... barely ever dreams , more thoughts during the day... like doing something, like walking the dogs across a busy road and thinking... worse case scenario- like speeeding car running us down... and from there the thought would escalate... they got pretty full on.
    For me it was really tuff caz i felt that my independant strong chick thing was gone and i had turned into a fretting pastel colour wearing nancy girl.. LOL... I spoke to hubby heaps about it which seemed to take a bit of the load off my mind... It also made us even more closer as he stepped up as the protector and i softened....
    They are horrible thoughts to have to go thru, hubby always said maybe its your mumma love coming into overdrive and you are just thinking safety and protection all the time. I think it is that a bit and def hormones... My thoughts seem to be returning a little these days as the birth draws closer...
    some times i feel a bit nutty, but from what ive heard its a preg symptom and not to be too upset about... easy to say huh.
    Debbie- i hope you move on a little from this yucky stage, my thoughts(happy ones) are with you. xoox

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Sarah - I think you remember more about my pregnancy than I did!! I do recall thinking aweful things tho.

Thanks for everyone's kind words and thanks for sharing your own experiences. It is refreshing to know that it does happen to others.
    I've never been one to see the "sunny side of life" anyway (growing up with a negative, pessimistic mother didn't help!) but the thoughts I've been having are just plain scary.

One of them was that my dog that died in November would come to the surface and I'd see him all decomposed etc.
    Well! Something tried to dig him up (he's buried in the front yard!). I crapped my dacks!
    Luckily just the box he was buried in was exposed so I quickly put the dirt back over. I've gotta find something to cover the area so that whatever did it doesn't try it again. Dunno if I could handle seeing my precious Charlie all gross, iykwim?