Thread: Morning Sickness Cure - Iced Coffee - is it ok?

Default Morning Sickness Cure - Iced Coffee - is it ok?

Morning!

I have been suffering from fairly bad MS for all of my preg so far and the only thing that I can keep down in the mornings and makes me feel better is Iced Coffee - I only drink Pauls Wicked Latte of Big M Iced Coffee.
    I do not drink normal hot coffee as I cant stand it at the moment and may have 1 cup of tea a day - not everyday.
    I have been staying away form caffine for bubs sake - I have looked it up on the net and the iced coffees that I have in the mornigs have has approx 130mg of caffine in them - is that a safe amount per day??
    Cheers
    Kate

I think that as long as you keep it to a minimum, then its fine. One a day is not going to hurt bubs.

Congratulations for finding something that works for you. I am so envious.

Thanks CourtRach
    I am wrapped as well as I was really starting to struggle! If I dont get on top of it in the morning then it turns into ALL day sickness! Not good!
    Hope you feel better soon - tho by the looks of your ticker you dont have long to go!! Good Luck!
    Kate

you should keep caffine to only 300mg a day so one iced coffee is fine, though maybe sip it!!

You are past those first 12 weeks so as long as you keep it sensible, and it sounds like you are by avoiding other coffees and caffeine products, then a Big M sounds just fine to me. I drink a weak latte most week day mornings and that is about it with the occasional chocolate and coke thrown in. You will know if you are having too much, and if it is what is helping you through the day then I say go for it. If you were trying to down strong espressos then I probably would be concerned, but a milk with flavour should do you no harm. In fact it is probably the milk and taste you are craving more than the caffeine itself which is why you are off normal coffee!

I never used to drink milk but soon as I fell pregnant - well it was the best!! And only Farmers Union Iced Coffee would cut it!! I drank a little in first 12 weeks but after that I went nuts and had about 2 litres every 2-3 days - couldn't help it!! Didn't drink other caffeine drinks though. I still drink loads of it and I have been b/feeeding for 9 months.

Thanks Ladies
    I was hoping that It was going to be ok - as it works really well for me! I have tried drinking other flaovours but they all come straight back up - must be somthing to do with the caffine that does it for me I think!
    I will keep it sensible and see if it keeps helping me!
    fingers crossed!!