Thread: Moses baskets..

Question Moses baskets..

Is anyone planning on using a moses basket? Has anyone used one? Know anyone who has?

We've got a cot for bubs, but am wondering if a moses basket wouldn't be good, to be able to have bubs around the house, or to sleep in at the rellys, or if bubs doesn't like the bigness of the cot...
    Really not sure...any opinions/experiences would be so welcome!

I used the bassinet that came with the pram. It was great, it meant she could sleep in what ever room I was in, which was good in winter (the only heater is in the lounge room). We also used to put it in the cot so she had a cosy place to sleep (until she moved to our bed). It was also great for travelling, I like the idea of her sleeping in own bed where ever we were. I highly recommend using one.

I used a Moses basket with both of mine and will use it again with this one unless DH lets me buy something new.

The good thing about them you can move them around when baby is asleep and leave them on your bed. I always kept mine in the cot so they got used to that as well.
    I had small babies so it was very handy to have.

cutebloke04 Guest

Im sorry but what is a Moses basket..... Feel silly asking but was curious

Umm, how to describe..the ones I am looking at are small cane/wicker sort of baskets with a small mattress, and handles. A bit like the top of a bassinet, but smaller and more portable. The advantages are being able to have baby sleeping in the same bed whatever room you're in, and I was thinking of popping one in the cot if bubs freaks out at having all that space.
    You could google it, that would get you a pic of one.
    Though some are really frilly, which seems a bit over the top...
    So there you go...Moses baskets 101!

Another question...would they be unsafe if they had padding on the inside? Lots of them seem to...
    (thanks for all the input so far guys!)

We used a cradle with Miss M and it was great. It was on wheels so we could wheel it around the house if needed. She was in it for 3 months in the lounge area near our bedroom so we could get to quickly at night and then we moved her to her cot with no problems at all. The other good thing was she was use to noise as we always had a TV or radio going and the phone was ringing etc and she slept thru it all.

We used (and currently using for Declan) a bassinette and it was/is really handy esp if you wanted to take bubs with you from another room. He loves it and I put it into his cot (without cot mattress) aswell. Its so very convienent.