Thread: My lil sis pg

Red face My lil sis pg

I have just found out that my younger sister (16) is pregnant to her boyfriend (also 16). She managed to score a part time job yesterday at a fast food joint, and her boyf is learning to be a builder or something, but through all this, I just don't know what to think. Or to say!

I fell pregnant at 19, with a surprise, but I felt I was pretty prepared, while I was shocked, I felt prepared. She hasn't told our mum yet, which is going to be an interesting moment. When I told my mum she sat in silence for a while and then looked at Con like she was going to jump across the table and slit his throat!

I'm worried for both my mum and lil sis. Lil sis does not know what she's got herself in for, she hasn't even finished year 11, and boyf doesn't exactly strike me as father material.
    Mother will probably have another forty grey hairs pop through. She seems to think that my younger sisters will learn from me. It shall be interesting.

Meanwhile, DH and I have decided that we will begin TTC in May next year! Yeah!!! A play mate for Faithy! Lol.

Oh my, well she did learn somthing from you! LOL.
    Hope it all goes down ok for your lil sister.

(ETA- I didn't mean that in a bad way, about her learning from you, just that isn't what your mum would have meant)
    Last edited by *Efjay*; October 16th, 2006 at 03:38 PM.

Wow 16 is so young to be having children. I wouldnt know what to say or do either. Maybe just be there for her, and support her when she does tell your mum. Whats the worst your mum can say or do? Granted she is 16 and still a child herself, she got herself into this situation and has to now take full responsibiltiy for her actions.

I remember when my cousin said she was pg.....and she was only 11 at the time, gave birth at 12. I never thought it was possible but she is living proof. Her mum spat it big time, but at the end of the day she was fully supported, the father done the runner. Bad news is, she never learnt. She is now just 21 and has 4 kids already. All with a different father.

Goodluck for TTC a playmate

Hey FionaJill,
    I actually PMSL at what you wrote! Lol, thats is actually something I'd expect like my brother or my best friend to say, lol. I'm still having a giggle.

I'm sure what my mum meant was that it can be a struggle and a trial sometimes, no matter what your age, and you should make sure you are ready for anything.

She's apparently gone out to dinner right now to tell her. I hope she doesn't say it while my mum is driving or anything. ooops.

You know right or wrong your little sis is going to need her big sis right know. I was a young mum (19) I lost my mum at 9 i only had brothers not much support so what im saying is support her help her and be a fantasic big sister shell love you for it