thread: For my sister - Neg BT?

Feb 2006
    Newcastle, NSW

Question For my sister - Neg BT?

I really need to ask this for my sister as she really concerned right now.
    She missed her AF which was due around Oct 6, she has done loads of HPT which all have instantly come up positive... she couldn't get into the GP until yesterday... she had a BT done and she called today for the results... they told her they are negative. Straight after she did another HPT which again instantly came up with a very dark BFP.
    She is worried because of the things I recently went through with my MC... though it was opposite for me... the BT were coming back BFP but the HPT at the Dr's were BFN.
    Has this happened to anyone else? I am taking my sister to see the Dr again tomorrow, but in the mean time, we would really love to hear what everyone thinks.
    Thanks

Oct 2004
    WA y WA y A WAy

it could be possible for the lab to have made a mistake definately be asking for another test the POS tests she has done can't all be wrong best of luck to her

Jul 2004

Yeah i was told that they can get them wrong sometimes. So i would be getting another BT asap.

Feb 2006
    Newcastle, NSW

Thanks heaps for your replies.
    Thats what I said to my sis... perhaps the labs mixed her tests up... or perhaps the receptionist got her test confused with someone elses.
    I am taking her for more BT's tomorrow... fingers crossed that everything turns out perfect for her... this is her first pregnancy and she has been wanting a baby for so long

Feb 2006
    Newcastle, NSW

Well... I called for my sister today... and they did get her test results confused with someone else's. My sister is most definitely pregnant... her hCG levels were 26000. She is having an ultrasound on Friday!!!

Jul 2004

That's great news for your sister Lisa! And such high hcg levels. She must be a fair way along.

Jun 2007
    Port Stevens NSW

wow that's really scary that they got her results mixed up!! congratulations to her though WOOHOO!!

Oct 2004
    WA y WA y A WAy

woohoo at your sis being def pg congrats to her but wow at confusing some elses results glad it is sorted

Feb 2006
    Newcastle, NSW

I know!!! We're so annoyed at the receptionist for telling her that she wasn't pregnant... apparently this receptionist is new... is that an excuse though? It seemed strange to me from the get-go because whenever I have had my BFP's confirmed over the phone, I am put through to the Dr who tells me himself.
    My sister had an ultrasound done yesterday and she saw her little bubba... she is thrilled to bits.... the ultrasound puts her at just over 8 weeks, with a due date of June 17. I'M DEFINITELY GONNA BE AN AUNT AGAIN!!! YAY
    Thanks to everyone for your support... my sister and I really appreciated it.

Oct 2004
    Outer Eastern Subs - Melb

Oh that's great news for you sister - and for you. Congratulations all round!