Thread: My younger sister is pg, but.....

Default My younger sister is pg, but.....

I found out on tuesday that my younger half sister (who is almost 21) is pregnant. She says not planned but others think she has been trying for some time. Sounds harsh but I wouldn't be surprised if the $4000 baby bonus has anything to do with her efforts. Anyway, apprently she is pretty happy about it but the father of the baby wants her to get rid of it!!
    Poor girl, imagine tellin gyour BF the news & then having it thrown back at you to get rid of it!

That's hard when one wants it and the other doesn't. Let's hope she isn't having it just for the baby bonus ... she'll soon learn that that won't get her too far! Hope everything goes well for her

Hope it all works out for the best. Its a horror of a situation..........

Anyway, apprently she is pretty happy about it but the father of the baby wants her to get rid of it!!
    I also had to go through something like that... makes it very hard to enjoy being pg.

I hope everything works out for the best for her...

I have been talkin to my older sister, who had a baby at 17 & the father wasn't really in the picture. I can't believe that she too seems to be encouraging her to get rid of it.
    I hope that she can sit down with her feelings & make the choice she wants for her. Not because of others experiences. There is no reaosn my younger ssiter has to have a life like our older sister had because she had a baby at a young age. I think my older sister is forgetting that alot of her lifes "bad" times aren't because she had a baby, they are because of the choices she made after having the baby.
    Its hard, when I think about it, I don't honestly think she fell pg because of the baby bonus. I think she knew how the father was goign to react as she was pretty scared about telling him. So I guess really, why would she do it for the money when she knew on some levels this is what the outcome would be.
    I have been talking to my other half sister (who is the younger ones, full older sister, both younger then me) & she seems to be on the same track as me. Support her in her choice but let her make it for her self. Show her that positives & that she is strong enough to do this with out the father if that turns out to be the way it ends up.
    Having a baby isn't the end of the world, its the beginging of a new life full of lvoe & Joy of raising a child.

kirsty Guest

I hope it all works out for your sister FJ.

awww thats a horrible situation for your little sis to be in, I think you are being a great big sis by offering her your support no matter what it is so important for others not to try and force or influence either way the poor thing must be feeling just terrible right now, and you are right not everyone who has a baby at a young age and does it on their own has a life of misfortune some women become stronger than ever and create a wonderful life for their little family.
    I hope everything works out for her and I wish her all the luck in the world.

Fiona, I think you're being a fab sister by supporting her as you are. It's absolutely terrifying telling a chap he's going to be a dad when he's not expecting it, especially when you know you're going to get a negative response, so it's good she told him now rather than let him figure out she was getting a bit podgy.

My DH was not at all happy when we found out I was pg - luckily neither of us would ever go for a contraceptive abortion, but that's not to put down anyone who would, especially as my DH jumped in a week after we found out with reasons why he would abort, such as chromosomal illnesses - and it's taken him a good three-and-a-half months to start coming round to the idea. I hope your sister's boyfriend is going to be like that and look after his new little family.

Ryn, it would be great if thats what would happen. But apprently he is involved with someone else & one of his main reasons for wanting my sis to get rid of it is because the baby will be due around the same time this other women (whom he apprently has a son with) will be back from the US & he plans on moving in with her. So I think my sis has just be a bit of "fun" in the mean time.
    I can't take any credit for supporting her, I haven't actually spoken to her. that sounds bad, but only because we aren't actually very close & I don't have her number & she is in QLD. I have told my other younger sister to tell her she can call me anytime & that I am behind her 100%. But with out making a very long post, its better if I wait till she calls me. I will get her number off my other sis & send her a SMS just to make sure she is awear that she can call me. I think she doesn't really see me as a sister as I didn't grow up with them & have only really been in the picture the last few years. She lives with our Dad & I don't talk to him so... Oh days of your lives, eat your heart out!

Fiona, I'd tell her to turn up on the doorstep of the other girl's house when she comes back and tell her everything - turning up with a baby and appropriate genetic testing if needs be! Then she has someone to hold this prat of a man down while she castrates him. At least that would prevent the poor love from getting into such a confusing situation again. It's a mercy really.

Good luck with having your sister contact you, I know you've had a lot of games with that side of your family, I hope it all works out OK in the end.

OK, I'm not going to rant about this, but WTF was this [email protected] not using contraception if he didn't want a baby? This sort of behaviour really pi$$es me off.

I have sent her a SMS & she is goin gto get on MSN so we can have a chat.
    So I am glad I have let her know I am here. I know what you mean about using protection. She was on the pill but apprently couldn't afford to refill her script & fell pg. Thats what others think she has been trying to fall. But I am going to try & stay out of that side of things & just focus on supporting her if she wants/needs me too.

I fell pg with my DD and had her at 17. I didnt have much support and it sounds like your going to support her no matter what she decides, I wish i had an older sis to support me when i needed it! Good on you Fiona Jill!!