Thread: Nappies!

Taia's Mum Guest

Red face Nappies!

Hi Everyone!

This might sound like a strange question (I'm a first time mum to be!) but I'm starting to stock up on nappies and nappy rash cream - just wondering if there's a big difference between brands - any in particular to stay away from?

Thought I might stock up while I'm still working!

Natty

I have two little boys and have tried just about every nappy on the market. I found the best for quality and price to be the Aldi nappies. Never had a problem with them.

Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy and birth

Taia's Mum Guest

Aldi nappies - hmmm haven't heard of those ones. Where did you buy them?

Taia's Mum Guest

SOOOO sorry everyone! Just saw the right room where this should be! sorry to be a pain and put it in the wrong spot!

Taia's Mum Guest

I heard it was something to do with the positioning of the absorbent bits....but don't quote me on that one!

I'm no expert, but I have heard that the Aldi nappies are great too, and not too expensive. Alot of my friends swear by Huggies also. There is a recent thread in the Nappies and Toilet Training thread which recommends how many of what size to buy etc, it's very informative! I'm planning on using MCN (cloth), and there's heaps of good info on that too.

ETA I just saw that you are in Adelaide, not sure if Aldi is in SA yet? I know it's not in Perth.

we dont have aldi in sa - its a supermarket...
    i used baby love before i switched to modern cloth nappies

Taia's Mum Guest

I'm planning on cloth nappes for home and a stash of disposable for going out!

cloth is easy out and about
    have you been over to nappycino yet? lots of cloth talk there, lots/most use cloth easily when out and about so dont stock up too much!:P

my friends says the bi-lo nappies are great .

We always used huggies. Now Mackenzie is toilet trained we use the Aldi for her night sleep as she goes to the toilet before she goes to bed - soemtimes she wakes up dry! When she was a baby I started with Babylove nappies as she was changed regularly and when she started sleeping thru the night we swapped to Huggies (at about 6 weeks!), they just seemed more obsorbant and never leaked.

ive had problems with the huggies sizes, newborn just fit but not absorbant enough, infant are too big, and have just started with the newborn Aldi and there fantastic, not sure they will fit a newborn though as the crutch is a little wider than most nappies but he legs fit better on DD than the huggies, good price too

I've always used Huggies and they are great - never any probs. My SIL has just tried some Aldi nappies and has decided to switch back to Huggies as she said they weren't nearly as absorbent. Oh and for nappy rash creams - i have found 'Curash' fabulous!