Thread: Nappy bag for todler and baby?

clare076 Guest

Default Nappy bag for todler and baby?

Does anyone have any suggestions for nappy bags suitable for a toddler and new baby. I have already gone through 2 bags with just Shelby's gear in, and I need a fairly big bag as I use old style cloth nappies. Shelby will be 21 months when this one is born so still need to pack for her.

So with 2 I will be looking at, at least 6 nappies, plastic nappy covers, a change of clothes for each child, bibs, and all the other junk you end up collecting.

Any ideas???

Fraser Guest

I would say bugger the baby bag and just go buy yourself a nice big tote or something.

I have two baby bags but I rarely use them - I use totes or other big bags that I have - it's way less restrictive and I just chuck the change mat from the baby bag into it and everything else that goes along with that!

i was thinking one of those hostess with the mostest bags of wheel
    But, other then that, i was at kmart the other week at innaloo, after the lunch meetup, looking at nappy bags, and they had these biger ones, that where like 2 seperate halves. ummm - hard to describe. But, it was like 2 bags joined at the bottom, with a zip going around. Might be an idea. Can have shelbys stuff on one side, and the new bubs stuff on the other side. I dont know what the inside of each side was like, as i never looked close at it.

Clare i have a backpack from Big W and it takes heaps of stuff. I have been using it with Eleanor's and Alex's stuff in it.
    You are welcome to try it out when we see you next.

We have a backpack from Target... Ryco I think. It has heaps of space in it, plus an insulated side section. I haven't had the chance to try it out much obviously, as J isn't here yet (and we just use a tiny backpack for K's stuff when going out atm) but we use cloth nappies too and it'll definitely hold all we need for both bubs. We prefer backpacks rather than over the shoulder style bags as they're easier to manage when you're carrying bub in a sling.
    Last edited by Angel; August 7th, 2007 at 01:56 PM.

clare076 Guest

Mum2bee - if you unzip the bag does it seperate into 2 seperate bags? Is that what you mean? I hope so cause that sounds like what I am looking for, that way if I dont have Shelby with me I can just take the other half with bubs stuff.

Michelle I will check out the size of your backpack next week when I see you, thanks.

Clare - not sure if they completey seperated. I never had close enough look cause i thought straight out, to big. Will have another look at Kmart next time i go. Going to Galleria this weekend coming, and they prob abit better then mirrabooka Kmart, so, will let you know if they have any, and better desc of what they are like

i also got a kapoochi for a toddler and newborn, although i have got a bit lazy and i tend to use a Lili brand tote i bought for about $40, its all gold and sparkly, i love it - have to look like a yummy mummy these days - LOL. Its huge but the kinda bag where you just chuck things in - theres no little compartments.I call it my mary poppins bag, coz i seem to fit so much in it but it still manageable to sling over my arm...it works for me.

I just use an overnight bag, and I put bubs stuff in one end, and big girls stuff in the other.