Thread: Nappy Bags

Default Nappy Bags

This is one of the more important items that we are yet to buy and I am after some recommendations. I want something that is obviously going to be big enough for all the stuff that a baby needs without being so big i need a forklift to carry it around. I also want something DH will be happy to take out (ie not to girly). Is it worth getting a purpose built nappy bag or just a satchel type bag. I have just a normal bag I got from a surf shop that I use for work is something like that going to be functional enough?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

There was a discussion about the previously if you want to take a look here

mooshie Guest

hi i am onto i think number 5 nappy bag and have FINALLY found one i am truly happy with lol.

during my last prg i brought the kapoochi mini backpack - was great, however i found it a bit bulky, and really the only time it was good was when we were going somewhere overnight. so after finally hunting around i got a kapoochi denim carry all off ebay, they don't make the denim ones anymore but they do come up on ebay every so often or you can buy them direct from kapoochi for around $75.

granted it may be a bit on the smallish side for a new bubs, if you are anything like i was carting everything around as a newborn (really didn't use most of the stuff i carted around anyway lol) but the carry all is great, doesn't look like a nappy bag and i am happy to use it as a handbag as well, it also comes with a strap if you need to hang it over the pram handles, as a seperate bottle bag and lots of little compartments to put stuff in.

good luck on your hunt lol.

I have 2 - the great expectations one. I found this OK when she was a newborn, but not useful now. Its pockets are too small, and I always had trouble fitting everything in.
    I also have an Oioi bag, and I LOVE IT!!!! It is seriously the best bag. I dont miss my handbag at all. Its not big and heavy, yeat seems to fit everything I need in!
    They come in great fashion colours, andare very cool. Since I have been at work for the last 3 months, DH has been dad at home, and hehas no complaints carrying this nappy bag. I think eventually though they just "get over it!"

littlerigger Guest

Tulip - I got one from Big W. It's a baby love one can't remember which model but it's a sling bag. Fits everything I think I'll need and there's still heaps of room in there for more stuff when I find out all the things I missed

Kellee Guest

I reckon it depends on what you're using it for. Yes, I know you're going to use it fora BABY (LOL) but I found that all the little compartments weren't really useful for me. In the first few months all I needed to carry around were extra nappies/wipes and a spare change of clothes for bubs and breast pads for me. These days I just use a huge billum (sp?) - a traditional PNG bag that my MIL brought back for me. It's really colourful and durable and I can just throw spare nappies, toys and snacks in it, as well as all my handbag type stuff. I wouldn't spend too much money on one, personally, especially if you've never bought one before and you're not sure of all the features you would use.

That's just my two cents worth anyway! Having said that, I'm not a very trendy person so if you want something cool don't listen to me! Good luck!

Hi - I've been through a few baby bags too, searching for the perfect one! I've got a great expectations backpack with the little handbag that zips onto the front but have found that backpack is really heavy even with nothing in it. And while it looks nice (and cost my brother a packet) there is not much room inside and the bottle area, I can't even fit a pop top drink for Cait in there.

I've also had a mimco satchel type - bit thin and long and always digging around the bottom looking for stuff.

A big lined and padded one with teddies on it, but the lining ripped really early on.

A babyco one in tartan that matches the first pram we had - good size rectangle shape with two way zip on the top and compartments at each end.

I used an airline travel bag for a while, nice square shape.

I have the Kapoochi backpack which has a fantastic amount of space, detachable insulated side pocket, and straps as well as a long strap that clips on the handle of your pram.

I use it when we go away (ie. when we went down to Sydney) but for day to day I don't really use it unless we need the extra room. It's quite large & bulky and I find it a bit irritating ironically. DH got a satchel which is a picnic bag for Christmas from his work and that works SO well for our day to day nappy-bag needs. *L*

I've also been through a few and yes, Kapoochi has been the best so far. We've been really happy with the backpack style but am soon going to buy the larger satchel style one. I'm doing this because soon I'll have 2 children that will need things brought along wherever we go.

Kapoochi have fantastic insulated side pockets that keep bottles warm (saves you taking along a separate bottle bag) and most of the item-specific pockets are practical eg one for your mobile phone. I also like how they use mesh pockets which you can see through so that you don't have to actually shove your hand into every pocket when you are searching for something. Finally Kapoochi are made with really good quality materials... no broken zips or torn pockets... these were reasons why I had to replace earilier bags.

Anyone ever had an Emmaljunga nappy bag?

I bought mine on the weekend from Target.. they have a sale on atm at the "Baby" Targets. Its a shoulder type bag, navy blue, and has the fold out change mat also. Inside of the main section, there is a built in cooler section for a bottle or drinks, a plastic case for dirty nappies and theres also an extra dummy case on the outside, as well as a lot of space and pockets for nappies, food etc. Normally $49.95 think it cost me $37.95 or something. I think the brand was Ryco? But yeh i found it the best around personally at a really good price.

I would thoroughly recommend buying your nappy bag on Ebay. The have lots of brand new ones there that are cheaper than in the stores.
    Oioi ones start at about $90, so they aren't cheap, but they are great quality and are really trendy. You can get them from some maternity shops, but I got mine on Ebay. They are also on line, doa oioi search and you should find the site.
    I think the best thing about a nappy bag is making sure it can be zipped up, cause at first you have pads, and breastpads, andeverything else in there, and its kinda embarrassing to have everything spilling out. Then with a toddler a zip stops them pulling EVERYTHING out!