Thread: nightly trips to the bathroom

Default nightly trips to the bathroom

would like some advice to try and get a full nights sleep (even just 1) - since about 2 months i have been waking up 2-5 times a night to go to the bathroom. I am now almost 6 months and have not had a full nights sleep in ages. I have tried not drinking from about 3pm but i get so thirsty that even a mouthful of water will get me up at night. has any one else got any ideas

I must say that I have been going to the toilet atleast 2 times a night for about 3 weeks now and i know its just going to get worse, it is a pain I know but i cant think of anything that will stop it as Emma said I think it is just part of being pg
    good luck tho I hope it slows down a bit for ya :flower:

I'm sorry - I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel either. I think the nightly (or 5 nightly) trip to the loo is what everyone goes through.

Someone did say to me that doing the nightly trip is for your body to get used to the idea of getting up in the middle of the night for feedings when the baby does arrive. I see what they are saying but I want my sleep too!!

I hope you do get a good nights sleep soon.

You know what really sucks about it, once you have the baby you don't have to go through the night, but you're still getting up anyway to feed the baby, so you go to loo while you're up anyway

littlerigger Guest

All I can say is get used to it. Unfortunately it doesn't get better. I agree, it's your body getting you ready for getting up to feed / change etc.

I don't know if this was just a one off for me, But Last night I went to bed rather late and took some panadol just before had as I had a bit of a head ache But I didn't wake to pee or eat! I was really tired so maybe I just slept through it but maybe the panadol made me slep just that bit deeper to get past it. Mind you you couldn't/wouldn't do it every night if it did happen to be the panadol!

Lee33 Guest

Totally agree with what everyone else has written.
    ive been getting up to pee in the middle of the night since I became pregnant, started off about twice a night, now Im 35 weeks and Im up 4 times a night. Have been warned this will increase again once baby drops and increases the pressure on my bladder!
    I havent had a full nights sleep in 8 months!! But you know what, you do get used to it. Its just a part of pregnancy.

Make sure you keep up your fluids. As youve discovered, cutting back on drinks doesnt help anyway!

I got off very lightly. In the first trimester I would get up once only every single night. Lately, I have been sleeping through most nights \/

What I really hate is the false alarms day or night when you think you really need to go but theres only a pathetic trickle cause it's just the baby sitting on your bladder

angelique Guest

Gosh if you find a solution please let me know. I pee about 5 times a night every night - no full nights sleep since conception for me!!