Thread: Is this normal?

Default Is this normal?

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before on their U/S. It says that the gestational age of the sac is 6weeks 3days, and the feotol pole with a crown rump gestational age is 7weeks 1day. I havent seen this before and was curious to know why the sac would measure younger than the feotus? Is it normal?

If anyone knows I would appreciate it.

Hi,

As you get more and more u/s you'll see they take measurements for all different things and give an indevidual date for each measurement then they add it all together and work out an average for your edd what woul be really wierd would be if you had a scan where all the measurements show the same age

Hi Jas, thanks for your reply. I have spoken with my Dr today and as I have quite a large bleed leaning on the sac it is making the sac more longer instead of more circular. Anyway that is where the discrepancy would be as it is harder to measure the actual size when it isnt circular. Circular is more acurate. So once the bleed goes then the sac should go back to normal and show the correct size. So that was good to hear. Thanks again for your input, I really appreciate it.

I reckon that some of the measurements that they take aren't overly accurate. I had a scan on Friday and kept seeing the sonographer take a measurement inside or outside of the part they were measuring. A couple of times she just ho hummed and said "ahh that'll be ok".

no worries csab I have been following your story in a few different thread and after I replied last night in this thread I read your other thread about the results so I'm very excited for you I had a strong feeling it would all be fine

cheryl, i just saw your signature and i am not sure what is going on but i hope you are ok.big hugs and let me know if i can do anything. :hugs:
    sorry been a bit self focused and saw you in my journal the other day being so gorgeous. i am sorry i haven't been there for you too xx
    ps your PM box is full

Nic - I went to a different u/s place this time to the first, as the first time she just seemed rude, yet I have noticed that with this place before. The new place I went to had told me that they hear it alot about the first place I went to. Hehe If that makes sense. Sorry about your experience. Thanks hun.

Jas - Thanks too hun. Thanks for having that feeling, and for following my journey. Hugs

Dusty - Hi sweety, you dont have to apologise for anything hun, you are always there for me. I have had some worrying times yet so relieved that I saw a HB on Tuesday. I hope you are well hun. hugs