Thread: Not Feeling Pregnant!

Default Not Feeling Pregnant!

I know that it's really early but I just want to feel pregnant...

I know that I am, but it doesn't feel any different... I haven't had MS or anything, I know that is good but I want to feel something!

Anyone else feel/felt like this????

Melissa

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi Mel

I know how you feel, it took me ages to feel pregnant too, I had barely any m/s at all only really felt queasy at times, but it will come don't worry about it

Hi Mel I remember being like that with both my pregnancies. Even after having a early dating scan with my first born I still didn't feel pregnant, and I think you will find most ppl who don't suffer morning sickness feel like that right up till their bellies start popping

Love

I was the same Mel, no symptoms whatsoever. I only really started feeling pregnant when I started to show at about 12w.

Melissa

You might just be one of those really lucky people who don't suffer too badly from morning sickness!

I felt nauseaus, headachy and tired from around 7 weeks with all 3 pregnancies. Luckily, I have not vomited once - just been really close!

Best wishes and have a great pregnancy!

Seeya

Thanx guys... so I am not the only one... I have been really tired and a bit queezy, I guess I just want a belly! (a baby one, not the one I have!)

Oh... well only 3 weeks to go til the first scan, so I guess that it will change then!

Thanx again

Hi Melissa,

Just wanted to let you know that I've been feeling EXACTLY the way you have.

I'm now almost 12 weeks, and have felt NOTHING!! No ms, no sore bbs, no nothing. I really was beginning to feel like it was either totally in my mind, or that there was something wrong, i.e. I wasn't feeling anything because things weren't developing the way they should.

But I went to my first OB appt today, and she did a dating scan - I told her that I was a bit worried there would actually be nothing in there as I'd been feeling so normal and not pg, LOL! She replied, 'well, it looks remarkably like a baby to me!' - and she should know! Everything looks fine, and it was wriggling away in there with it's tiny heart beating and waving its arms arond and everything... really amazing!

Anyway - I think so far we're just really lucky to be amongst that small percentage of people that don't suffer any of the not-so-good bits of being pregnant (YET - things could change!), so I'm counting myself lucky!

Wishing you a continuing H&H pg,
    Bertie

Hi Mel,

I never felt pregnant with any of my pregnancies. The only time i did was when i saw the baby on u/s or felt it move.

EVen though I feel yuk and have had a revolting headache for 5 days, I still don't feel pregnant, and i want to see some proof!! I was only saying that this morning to DH. If it's hard for us though, imagine the guy trying to get his head around it all!! My husband thinks it's just an excuse I think, to be moody and get him to cook dinner!!!!

Hi - I didn't have any symptoms with my first apart from tiredness and I went off lemon chicken.

This time ... *extreme* tiredness, 24hr a day nausea and mood swings.

And Nick thinks its an excuse to get out of doing stuff, but it just takes so long to do anything when you have a rest every half hour ! He thinks its going to get worse the further we go, he doesn't believe me that it should lighten up in a coupla weeks.

Barb.

Custardtart Guest

Hi Barb,
    Sorry to hear you're meeting such a 'typical' male response! Every pregnancy is different, and this time around I am SOOO tired all the time. I've hit second trimester and am a bit better, but I still plan everything I need to do in terms of energy expenditure.

You can help stay on top of it by making sure you are taking all the vitamin and mineral supplements you need (a good pregnancy multivitamin is a must), but generally your body is just working HARD to support a second life!

Why not explain to your DH that during the first trimester, your body needs 15% more oxygen pumping through the bloodstream - even at resting rate - just to support your internal organs and the growth of the baby. In second trimester, this increases to 25%. That alone can leave you tired and short of breath, regardless of any other symptoms you have.

He'll realise soon enough that you're not making excuses - some of our dear men take longer to come to that realisation than others!

Kerrie

Mel,

Enjoy not having m/s I had it very bad and still didn't FEEL pg, just felt [email protected] Wait till you have your first u/s, that helps tonnes

Its a it odd this pregnancy stuff - i know what you mean about not feeling different - tired, queasy yes - but i don't know i guess i thought maybe i woulf feel "pregnant" - like a warm fuzzy feeling in my beely or something.. i don't know guess that sounds weird...

Fire Fly Guest

Lol, i was like that with DD. Cant say im the same with this one. I definately feel pg even though its so early.

It wont be long before you will hanging to get your body back. Enjoy it while it lasts. Wont be long before that little person started growing and swelling your stomach out of proportion. Lol i mean that in the nicest way.

I still don't really feel p/g even now! I've seen bubba twice but am only just starting to feel my uterus lifting out of my pelvis - but not actually sticking out yet.

As my Dr says - be grateful for having a boring p/g - you don't really want it any other way!