Thread: NT Scan

Default NT Scan

i was just wondering how many people have had this scan without the blood test?
    i had the scan yesterday but i have not had the blood test i never had blood test with my first can they still tell just fron scan??

I didn't have the blood test... They just based the results on the scan only...

Fee Guest

I'm not even sure about the blood test. I had blood tests at my very first OB appointment (9w6d) but I have no idea what the blood tests were for - just various things.

Then at 13w6d I had my NT scan.

So I'm not sure if any of the blood tests done at 9w6d had anything to do with the NT scan.

Hi - I think the blood test at the start measures your iron levels, your rubella immunity ... your blood group, in case you don't know it.

I don't know either whats in it that is used in conjunction with the NT scan to work out the down syndrome possibility/ratio thing.

I just had the scan... I asked about the blood test and my Dr said that it is ok just for the scan...

My scan was within normal limits, and gave me a 1;5800 (can't remember the exact number) I am pretty happy with that.

I thought they had to combine both the scan and BT for an accurate result :-k

MY OB wanted me to have both the scan and BT on the same day, all came back with 1:9020 chance, which is very good considering my age.

Oh bugger, I didn't know there was a choice??? I have had so much blood extracted, I wish I knew I didn't HAVE to have the test.
    Guess I'll know for next time....

I would get the b/t (I had it with my scan) as its a more accurate result for not just downs syndrome but other abnormalities. I didnt think it was ok NOT to have the blood test done, bit unprofessional imo.

The first time round I didn't know I had to have bloods so went and got the scan - it said 1:40000, they then sent me to get bloods cause my OB hadn't told me about it and with the combined results it came back 1:700 so it did make a difference (which at the time freaked me right out cause no one could me give me an explanation but everything was okay). This time I was told up front to have both and the combined results came back 1:20000 and the scan result on it's own was 1: 25000 - so not the huge variation like last time. Can't explain the why's and wherefors or what is "supposed" to happen but just thought I'd share my experience.