Thread: Nursery Lamp

Default Nursery Lamp

Can anyone in the Melbourne area give me any suggestions of places to by cute Nursery Lamps? I tried Baby Bunting and Babyco Direct, but theres are mostly matching lamps that match a particular design of cot bedding (i.e. Safari, Noah's Ark, etc.). I know there must be more places to look but I'm fairly new to Melb and can't think of anyplace else.
    Thanks for your help!
    Stephanie

I'm from Adelaide so I'm not exactly sure what you've got over there in Melbourne but surprisingly enough places like Target, Big W, K-Mart etc are actually quite good.

Good Luck!

if you're crafty you can perhaps make your own?!?

My friend did a ceramics class and she painted and glazed the ceramic bottom part and then found cute fabric and made the lamp shade part.

You know that craft place on Chapel st?? can't remember what it's called but they have heaps of really funky lamp stuff so you can make something that's unique and will match!

Maybe have a look at Baby Target, (as Fletch suggested) Lincraft, Spotlight, sometimes markets like Carribean Gardens have stalls that have people selling them, or as make your own (like Laura suggested)?!

Great ideas ladies! I didn't see anything at Target or Kmart that I liked, but I will check out Spotlight and Lincraft. I wish I was crafty enough to make my own - but you never know, I may get inspired! Anyone else have any ideas?
    Thanks again!

My dad bought us a normal type lamp base then got a Pooh Bear light shade for the lamp. We put a night light lamp - you know one of those globes that have different settings microchipped in it - so we could have a dim lamp in the room.

We bought a lampshade one and DH painted the bugs on the base which is the theme in Amy's room. We looked everywhere for a 'nursery' lamp but couldn't find one.