Thread: Oh my gosh, 10 kilos already!!!!

Default Oh my gosh, 10 kilos already!!!!

Hi ladies,

Just had an ob app & I've put on 10 kilos since I fell preg.
    I'm 5 1/2 months & I've already put on 10 kilos, now I'm freaking out!!!!
    I still have a long way to go, I'm going to be huge
    Thing is I've been eating well, bigger meals but nothing major I'm eating when I'm hungry!
    Should I cut down my intake?
    What's a healthy weightgain for 22 weeks?
    Does this mean I'm going to put on another 10 by the time bub gets here?
    I'm actually really worried

Im sure that is OK. im now nearly at the end and didnt feel i put that much more on at the end.....im now 17kg heavier than when i fell pg, others i have know put on over 20....my ob was not concerned

I wouldn't be worried! My Obs didn't weigh me at all with DD but I know that I put on heaps - like over 20kg for the whole pg, most at the start! My DS was totally different, hardly any weight at all right til the end!

Wit my second pg, I was under MW care, not an Obs and I was also not weighed.

Don't stress!

Babyluv I freaked out about the same time as you- I had a month where I put on almost 6 kilos in 4 weeks. (Making up the 10kgs by 22wks). My doc said that the second trimester is often when women gain the most weight.

It slowed down a lot for me- some weeks I put on some, some I didn't. I was quite small to begin with and so I'm not too worried. I have kept exercising throughout the whole pregnancy too (although it's quite different 'exercise' now, to 20 weeks ago!) which makes me feel better, whether I put on more weight or not.

Don't worry sweetie, everything is there for a purpose and it all goes to bubba. Eat when you're hungry, make healthy choices, and allow yourself some comfort food. And if you put on more than you expected to (like I have) unless your doc is worried, all you can do is sit back, enjoy yourself and work your butt off when you're ready to take it off!

I wouldn't worry too much - is your Ob concerned with weight gain? With both my other ones I put on between 25-28 kg over the whole pregnancies. Apparently 'good' or 'recommended' weight gain is 10-15 kg, but screw that LOL I was active during both pregnancies, walked a lot, ate well, mostly (apart from giving into chips-cravings at the beginning when little else tasted good) and had two drug free, (relatively) quick labours with healthy babies. Plus I lost it very quickly after the birth, without having to do much at all, just breastfeeding and eating normally. The biggest concern they have with weight gain is if it's really quick gain (like you gain a few kilos in a week) and if you're getting pitting oedema as that can indicate other health problems. A good friend of mine gained 3 kg with her first, and actually LOST weight during her second, but she was a bigger girl to start with anyway - my starting weights were 59 and 62 with the first two and I've heard if you're smaller you often gain more than if you're bigger.

Hope this helps and I haven't made you worry even more! Don't forget there's lots of blood and fluid and stuff as well as the weight of the actual baby which contributes to your weight too. Plus you'll be gaining weight for breastfeeding stores (in my case, thunder thighs!!)

At 20 weeks I had put on about 10kg's and I have now put on around 20 I'd say, I might weigh myself again on Tuesday. I don't actually 'feel' that huge which is strange although I know all the weight is on my butt and thighs! as well as my belly of course! I have not been weighed at any of my OB or midwife visits which I think is wonderful because if they aren't focusing on it then it makes me feel pretty relaxed about the whole thing. I anticipate that heaps will fall off after bubs is born and I'm breast feeding and when that starts to slow down I will start focusing on loosing the rest. Don't stress about it, it's the one time in a womans life when she can feel 10% sexy and glowing and beautiful while carrying a bit of weight around

If you OB is not concerned then its fine. Everyone is different love
    I put on 9kgs just before I hit the 20 weeks mark and I am no skinny minny and Doc said it was a little more than normal but said that everyone puts it on differently. I think in my case it was end of 1st Trimester and start of Second Trimester I gained the most.

In a place where Love is what we breathe!

enjoy, pregnancy is about enjoyment. you would know if you werent being "good" to your body and babyTreats are not harmful, but fun! thinking back now, i gained 13kgs by 13 weeks and 18 kgs all up in the end (size 10-16!).......and am paying the price now!!!! ive still got 10 kg to go, but i'll get there. BTW: Breastfeeding did nothing for my waistline!
    Happy 19 weeks to go for you!!!!