Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ohhh! So Why Can't People Just Be Happy For Me ???

Default Ohhh! So Why Can't People Just Be Happy For Me ???

Okay, so I am probably hormonal and emotional, but 50% of the people I have told so far are like "Oh my God, are you happy about it?", "Your a glutton for punishment aren't you", "should I be happy for you", give me a break, just one word will do "Congratulations". I've already got two, I know it will be hard work, I'm not stupid....but another baby is a joy and the best gift of all....

Okay, rant over.

well, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! from me!!

I've only one child so far but I'm sure those kind of statements would be very annoying!
    Congratulations - I hope you start hearing some more of that soon!

Hey, congratulations, hope you are getting some rest.

Don't mind what others think, it's really none of their business whether you have a child or 10. Just tell them to take a long walk off a short pier.

I know exactly what you mean. I have told people about this baby and I get their reaction of 'Really?' followed by complete shock and a little rant about me having another baby and usually at some point they ask 'Are you happy about it?' and I say 'Yes' and then I get 'You don't look very happy' - well that's because I have just had to listen to you carry on for the last 5 mins. You didn't say congratulations, you just carried on about me having another baby and how hard it is going to be and asked me if I own a television. Grrr!!!

Boo Boo - I am completely feeling your pain. People are rude. I feel like sending them all a memo that says - 'The only appropriate response to a woman telling you that she is pregnant is to say congratulations. Any other reaction just makes you an idiot.' I've been getting shocking reactions about my pregnancies since I got pregnant with my second. It's because I choose to have my babies close in age. It is a choice. It is planned and it is rude that every second person asks me if I know what contraception is.

Sorry, I kind of turned this into a vent of my own.

Congratulations on your pregnancy

I'm thrilled for you Lauren.... I agree... tell them to take a long walk of a short pier!

A baby is a wonderful blessing, why can't people just hold their tongues????? I'd never dream of reacting that way to ANYONE telling me they were pregnant, whether they already have one child or 100.

One of my good friends was pregnant with her third and the whole of her DH's family stopped speaking to them...... WTF? She ended up having a miscarriage and they all said "well, it was for the best, you can't afford the two you have". Again, WTF?????????

What is WRONG with people.

For what it's worth, CONGRATULATIONS! Wonderful news.
    Sue xxxx

LOL wait till you encounter the looks from perfect strangers when you venture out with your 2 children and an enormous baby bump - the looks that so clearly show they think you're mad...or even better when bub is born and you have all 3 of them and people seem to think you're a time bomb and are waiting for the kids to all have a meltdown on you. Or the older ladies who all say "gee you have your hands full..."

It's not that bad, really! I love it! CONGRATULATIONS!

firstly

secondly
    CONGRATULATIONS!!

Congratulations! a wonderful gift indeed.

Well firstly, Congratulations on your wonderful news! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Onto the big issue. Its damn rude and I was so far over it by Haz that I learnt to preface the disclosure of my pregnancy with everyone with "I have some wonderful news" so that there could be absolutely no confusion that this baby is very much wanted a loved. Sadly it didnt get rid of the television comments but you make fun of people who say them and they soon stop talking to you about contraceptives! Joke back with them about how your relationship hasnt moved into the old couple falling asleep in front of the TV stage yet. I remember DH got to the point that with the blokes he worked with he would just tell them 'You're just jealous coz I am actually getting some'.

They are making a joke at your expense, makes them fair game imo!

That said, I have been on the other side of this equation where I have congratulated someone who was not exactly excited by the news, so that was awkward, but he couldnt be happier with his now two little munchkins so I don't regret assuming and offering what support i could.

Don't you know you are only ALLOWED to have two?!!!

I've had the same reaction as you from some people and I'm just choosing to only really listen to the people who say congratulations and how glad they are.

Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy

CONGRATULATION on this exciting time .... (tell other to go and jump)

I must be mad as well as i have a ds 10 ds 2yrs and pregnant with my 3rd and im turning 40 next week ! BUt im loving life and anyone else can go and you know what!

As long as you and your husband are thrilled that is all that matters.... and cmon i think you two know how babies are made lol

Congrats again and dont worry about the negative comments.... even though i know they can be hurtful

xx

Hehe I've had the reverse, every man and his dog would take one look at us with our 3 foot tall mop of golden curls in tow and ask us when we were having another one? And of course the another one turned out to be a boy so now I appear to have a nice boy/girl pair. I'm almost 35 so I don't look too old or too young to be having kids, so noone comments on age, and with a 2.5 year age gap noone comments on how close they are either. All is good

Thing is though, my eldest is SO much older than the other two that a lot of people aren't actually aware I have 3 kids. We talk more to parents of the playgroup and kindergym kids not the school parents and they are two different circles.

Enjoy your pregnancy and get a T-shirt printed with some smart alec comment on if it keeps happening

Really???

Some people are strange! Anyone would think you were onto baby #23! Forget them....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Wishing you a Happy and Healthy 10 months!!!!

Geez, we've just announced number 3, and I've had a few comments similar - but most have been re-worded like "wow, you must have some stamina", which I actually like .

A massive congratulations - for you shall have more cuddles, kisses and love from three bundles .

Far out Boo Boo! Some people are just idiots.

Congratulations darling one! Wishing you all the very best.

Congratulations from me!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast