Thread: Old Wives Tales

ryanjames34 Guest

Default Old Wives Tales

Hi Everyone,

My MIL told me recently that if you smash Glasses that means that you are having a boy. I don't actually agree with it, because I already have two boys and never broke glasses previously.

Does anyone else no of any other wives tales, and whether if they are just a myth? I just thought that this might be a interesting topic.

Christine

hehe.. I haven't heard of that. Do you mean like dropping drinking glasses? (lol at me if that's totally the wrong end of the stick 8-[ )

I smashed a plate the other day! heh

I've heard of things such as if you have heartburn thru the pg, the baby will be hairy.

There are loads and loads out there.

How about having morning sickness? Apparently if you get it quite bad, you are having a girl and if you don't, you have a boy - worked the opposite for me!

Also if you crave sweet stuff, you are having a gilr, if you crave savoury, then you have a boy.

Yeah.. the theory behind the morning sickness one is about hormone levels.. like extra progesterone (sp?) with a girl makes you sicker... or something.. lol Im so vague tonight! I believe there is some really old threads somewhere on this too, if youre really interested.. try looking back.. or searching.. or something... lol

K

clare076 Guest

Well coincidence maybe, but I dropped 2 glasses and 2 mugs tonight and neither one broke. I have also had severe morning sickness since about 6DPO, and we are having a girl.

Both of my boys had thick black hair and everyone said I must have had indegestion, but I only had it once with Mason and never with Angus.

Custardtart Guest

I heard the one that if you have a lot of heartburn the baby will be born with a full head of hair.. I have to say, I don't believe that stuff, but two out of two so far - I had BAD heartburn and both kids had lots of hair.

Kerrie

Lee-Ann Guest

Well I've had barely any m/s with this pregnancy and when I did have m/s it was just some mild nausea and I'm having a girl. My girlfriend is having a boy and she still gets m/s, she's 30 weeks pg.

I never had indigestion with my first daughter and she was born with thick luxurious hair (it was that thick the ventouse wouldn't suck to her scalp). With my 2nd daughter I had really bad indigestion and yes she had hair but no where near as much as my 1st and no where near as thick. Anyway I can't see how hair on a babies head can contribute to indigestion LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by nellbe
    Also if you crave sweet stuff, you are having a gilr, if you crave savoury, then you have a boy.
    What if you crave both? I am loving lollies/chocolate and chips/crackers at the moment . . . . .