Thread: older siblings.. new baby- update!

Default older siblings.. new baby- update!

a bit of a long story, but one i just had to share \/

I posted my original note about a week or so back and i thank you all for your replies and advice on when to tell children they are getting a sibling.

Well we decided to take our DS to my ob appointment at around 12 weeks and tell him then and let him see bubs on the u/s. However.... after taking him to pre school earlier than usual last week and explaining that i had to go and see the doctor to talk about getting a baby he just assumed I would be picking one up while I was out.

Getting off track a little. I am still having daily injections even after IVF treatment, of clexane (a blood thining agent) as i have arthritis and the IVF clinic thought this would be the best way to ensure a h&h pg as they didn't want me on my normal meds. So we have been telling him i am having the needles to help mummy get a baby.

So i went to pick up DS from pre school and he ran up to me in front of two of his teachers, lifted my shirt, put his hand on belly and said "did you get the baby mum?". I couldn't help but give him the biggest hug, and get a little teary. As his teachers were standing there i had to respond so i told him " yes babe i saw the doctor and there is a baby in there but it is going to take a very long time for it to grow and be ready to out".

His teachers then told me he had told all of them that day that I was going to the doctors to get a baby that day but that they didn't want to say anything in case he was making it up. So now he has a big secret to tell family and friends when we see them and they just have to act surprised all over again.

I think i explained well enough that it would be a very long time till the baby came out as it had to grow all its body parts and get big. So every morning and night he places a hand on my stomach and says "it's growing!" with a big smile on his face.

It was such a beautiful moment and one that took me by surprise but i will treasure it forever. It's just going to be a very long 7 months!

Thanks again for your thoughts
    kas :flower:

Kas,
    Thankyou so much for sharing that. That is just the sweetest thing ever! What a darling little boy you have... it must be making the joy of pregnancy so much more precious and special.

And for me personally it was great to read, as I am currently trying to decide whether to start TTC #2 (more like convincing DP that is!) and it just reaffirms for me the special gift we are giving to our child/children when we give them a sibling...

Melody Guest

Kas I have gone all warm & gooey inside What a wonderful story

Melinda Guest

That is just such a beautiful story!! Thank you so much for sharing that....I don't blame you for getting teary!!!

That's such a sweet story!
    Congratulations on your pregnancy

oh, that is so sweet! you must be so happy with how he is responding. he sounds like such a little sweetie.

hope all goes well in your pg.

Linda

Awww that is so adorable Kas. Thanks for sharing that with us.