Thread: Oops - forgot and ate chicken

Default Oops - forgot and ate chicken

I don't even normally eat much chicken, but last night was tired and M got home from work late so we decided on Nando's... I had hot sauce on mine (which was HOT but good, if you know what I mean) and then this morning had a bit of "bad" toilet... from the spice, I think. Then I realised, oh no, not supposed to eat takeaway chicken!! Do you think it's a concern? I feel pretty OK otherwise. Was a bit nauseous last night but then I have been for the last few nights when I've just been eating normally, so don't think the chicken had something to do with that. I'm such a stressbug

I have quite often eaten takeaway chicken thru this pregnancy and not had a problem. Nausea may be morning sickness ?? I used to get nausea of a night as well.

Love

I ate Nando's all the way through my first pregnancy....it had just opened near my house and I went on quite a binge
    Don't worry I'm sure it's fine.

I had takeaway chicken when I was pg... I think its more the cold sandwich takeaway chicken you are meant to avoid? But I could be wrong....

I think so too... if its cooled it could be a problem. Thats the issue with roast chicken too, I often get roast chicken & then heat mine up in the microwave for a minute to kill any buggies

phew, thanks for putting my mind at rest! I'm fairly sure the evening nausea is morning sickness, since it seems to come on with unfortunate regularity around 9pm.

I did see them cook it, so I feel better about it now. Maybe next time I won't have the really spice sauce!

Maybe keep that spicy sauce in mind for if things ever get blocked up!! Sounds like you got a remedy!

I used to get ms at night as well, that's when it was worst. Also the chicken is fine, it would just be cold chick (particularly bbq chick) but you just have to microwave until it's steaming, so fresh is fine. xo

Fresh chicken is OK and chicken that has been reheated is ok isnt it?
    Isnt it just the cold chicken that is bad, like those chicken sandwiches that sit in a deli fridge all day?