Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ova being told "dont know how you'll cope during summer"

Default Ova being told "dont know how you'll cope during summer"

As soon as people know when im due the 1st thing just about everyone says to me ohhh how are you going to cope in summer. Lots of women have done this why do people think im crazy for being preg ova summer. yes i will be a hot summer but it truly isnt that bad. Why is everyone so negitive they never tell you good stories

I totally agree............. I have had so many people say "oh you are going to be pregnant during summer, how awful". Well I just say i have aircon at work, in my car and at home - so i wont have a problem.

It was hard enough getting pregnant, I wasnt exactly worrying about seasons.

Fruitwood Guest

Hi, it's awful what people say when your pregnant. Lol, I used to think that I was the one with pregnany brain until I heard some of the really stupid things people said to me about being pregnant over summer, lol. I had my daughter on February 10th and found the summer heat no worse than I normally do. I sat in front of the air conditioner alot lol, but really I was just happy to be pregnant. I think that it's awful that once your pregnant suddenly people have all sorts of comments and advice for you when really all they should be saying is "Congratulations", lol.

Andy I so know what you mean. Lots of people have been pregnant over summer (otherwise everyone would be born after august!) and have coped. I sometimes wish people would mind their own business.

Summer pregnancy is tough, Zander was born on March 20th, so I was at my biggest during the peak of summer. My friends got so used to me being so hot that they'd have jumpers with them when they visited in the middle of summer ROFL - we had the air con up full blast at my baby shower, Trish & I were still hot & everyone else was freezing hehe!

Having said that though, as if you have a choice of when bub will be conceived. You TTC, fall pregnant & have a bub whenever it works out. It's not like you sit and plan ok well we can't have sex today cos I may happen to be pregnant in summer. Like the others said, people always have something negative to say

i just have to say being pregnant over summer is the pits and also being 33 weeks pregnant with twins and having more of the heat to go is the pits but i dont really think about it just get on with things. Its when ppl constantly remind me oh u poor thing how are u going to cope its only going to get hotter :mad: i damn well bloody know this and i didnt ask anyone to remind me lol thats what i wish i could say anyways

kylie

im 27 weeks pregnant and it is tough being pregnant over summer, the humidity is a killer.
    and it does get annoying when i go up to my sons school andall i get is "how are you going in this heat?" when im tryin not to think about it and solider on!!!!! Feb cant come quick enough!!!! hang in there.
    TG

not like you sit and plan ok well we can't have sex today cos I may happen to be pregnant in summer.
    LOL - i was going to try and time it that the baby came inbetween BAS times! LOL (since I'm a bookkeeper). But with TTC issues, didn't end up caring. hehehe.

I had a March baby, so was waddling around in the heat too. I didn't mind it, and quite enjoyed the lovely maternity clothes It's also cheaper on that front.. coz you don't need tops AND jumpers AND jackets.. just tops, pants and dresses Altho I dunno if I would have swelled up quite so much towards the end if it wasn't hot. Ah well... we'll see next time maybe. Altho if we fall in the first couple of go's, it'll be a Dec/Jan baby! LOL. I don't mind - can reuse the maternity clothes

LOL classic Liz! Did it turn out that way anyway? In between BAS I mean...

Yep! I was able to do a couple of April BAS's so that come July it wasn't too much work LOL. Only coz he was early tho. If he'd been on time on the 28th, April would have been a different story probably.

I had my daughter during a heat wave on the 23rd of December. We didn't have air con and lived in a sweltery little flat. It was pretty awful. But what can you say to people who say that kinda stuff? "Geeze, you're right? What should I do???" They might think twice before making such inane comments next time.

Yep - This is the third summer I have been pregnant in, and I have to say wardrobe wise its been great. I'd much rather be wearing less than more while pregnant Layers do nothing for body image!

But it is hard - Jenna was born late, an early April rather then late march, and those last two weeks were unbearable.

Its a bit like this time around having a chrissie baby. We thought about the timing but decided that we didn't care - we would rather have a baby then wait any longer... Who cares about the date!

I agree - people just like having something to comment on

Quote Originally Posted by Fi View Post
    Yep - This is the third summer I have been pregnant in, and I have to say wardrobe wise its been great. I'd much rather be wearing less than more while pregnant Layers do nothing for body image!!

I agree - people just like having something to comment on
    have to agree there. DD1 was born after summer (may), i hated having to wear so many uncomfortable layers when i was cold in late pregnancy.
    DD2 was born in feb and i loved it - so much easier

yup, pregnancy and kids gets all the unwelcome comments.
    maybe just be rude back - something like "wow, your looking fat today" :nana: maybe they'll get the idea about being rude

I am sick of hearing the how will you cope.... In regards to anything...
    I think I am going to answer next time" Thanks for bringing that up, coz actually I was thinking of curling myself up into a bal & dropping dead, Coz your right I wont F*cking cope!"

I am over the word Cope!

That's soooooo dumb. I'd rather be preggers in the summer anyway - I had two glorious weeks when it was warm enough, I've been in jumpers the rest of the time. Poor my DH - he jumped into bed a half-hour after me, put his feet on my feet to warm them up... my feet were still the coldest. Pregnancy is freezing! How am I expected to "cope" with winter, save for hibernating as soon as I get on Mat Leave? Next time I'm going for an early autumn baby just so I can be nice and warm for once. Wonder if DH will want to TTC next Christmas?

However, I'm luckily not getting comments as people are still not realising I'm pregnant. Lucky me!

B456, my last was a winter one also and I have noticed the difference, although m/s in summer is worse than spring IMO! Luckily I didn't have it too badly.

I have to agree though with what an absolutely stupid comment it is...goes hand in hand with when people say the following every summer...is it hot enough for you?? I have actually stumped people cos I answer NOPE, not yet...rofl...really catches them on the back foot. So, back to the original post - how the hell do you think we'll cope...same way everyone else is and deal with it cos it's not like we have a choice and can slow the pregnancy down to suit the seasons....daaaaaaaaah!!

OMG yes, i have had this comment a few times and it really is annoying... like i totally had full control over when my bub was conceived... People make such dumb comments sometimes.

Cool

I'm from Brissie - so I tell them that Melbourne isn't hot compared to Brissie. Given I wear jumpers through summer down here, they sorta believe me.

Either that or "thank goodness I've had a chance to thaw out".

As for the "hot enough for you" comments? Only once have I said "yes" - and the rest of the time I snuggled into my blankie (albeit a summer one) during the Brissie summers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast