Thread: Pain in belly

Default Pain in belly

For most of the day I have been feeling a pain around my belly button area, sort of feels muscular, is worse if I bend, press on it but is there constantly. I'm 28wks tomorrow. I'm sitting at the computer trying to get bubs to move as she normally moves when I'm at the computer think I did just feel a small kick. Anyone got any idea on what it could be. I thought she was just in a position that was pushing out on my stomach but given I've been feeling for hours now I'm not sure that is what it is

The abdominal wall is at its thinnest around the bellybutton, and the increased pressure due to bubs growing may cause sensitivity and pain. It will probably come and go...I remember getting it when I was pregnant with Jack. If it keeps getting worse, or there is noticeable bulging in that area, get it checked out by your doctor.

probably yout uterus stretching out. I've had it too around a growth spurt. It was sore for a day or two then once it was sued to being stretched that much it went away.

Thanks, really hope it is stretching pain due to a growth spurt, bubs is 2 weeks behind so a growth spurt would be fabulous. The pain has subsided today, still there a little bit but not much.

I get alot of pain just above my belly button. I'm further along then you so that would be why mine is in a different spot. lol I give myself a nice massage with some oil and it feels much better.

i started getting similar at 28 weeks and hve been getting it on and off ever since. it just comes and goes, seems to be worse when i do more physical activity during the day (so if i walk a lot or lots of stretching doing stuff) - i got my Ob to chek it about 10 days ago and he made sure it was nothing via scan and palpating - it seems i "might" have a small hernia near my belly button, but nothing certain. Gremlin seems to think it's the PERFECT place to push on my tummy though, so it can be extremely uncomfy sometimes

if it is worrying you, contact your care provider - and even if it dissipates completley now, mention it to your care provider at next appointment just to make sure they're aware of it

BG