Thread: Pain in my shoulder..

Default Pain in my shoulder..

I keep getting a sharp pain in my right shoulder. I think people call in "wind" in your shoulder. I have heard that during labour it can be a sign of a ruptured uterus. But at 11 weeks what would be causing it?
    I feel fine every other way.

I'm not sure hun. Have you had a scan and seen bubs yet? Hope it goes away

I heard recently that pain in the shoulder is generally a referred pain from somewhere else. Silly me just googled it to find out where the pain was being referred from, and it said that 'shoulder pain in early pregnancy can be a sign of a ruptured ectopic pregnancy' How bad is the pain hun?

Quote Originally Posted by Keike View Post
    I heard recently that pain in the shoulder is generally a referred pain from somewhere else. Silly me just googled it to find out where the pain was being referred from, and it said that 'shoulder pain in early pregnancy can be a sign of a ruptured ectopic pregnancy' How bad is the pain hun?
    That's what I was getting at with the, 'have you had a scan yet' thing...hun if you've seen bub in the right spot then I don't think you need to worry, sometimes all the stretching and moving of things on the inside can cause a bit of nerve pain, same as having a lap, when your abdo is fuller, you get referred pain to the shoulder.

You could have a pinched nerve somewhere?

id often get pain like that when i had heartburn/reflux/indigestion etc... or bloating when pregnant

Thanks for the replies. I was going to say it feels like heart burn in my shoulder! It has stopped now. I also read about ectopic pg on Google but I did have a scan at 8 weeks and all good. To be honest and tmi it was probably bloated related as it seem to settle after going to the loo. This pg has left me less then regular! Thanks again, dh had no idea what I meant so its good to know others get the pain too and its not just me!