Thread: Painkillers in pregnancy....

Default Painkillers in pregnancy....

Just wondering whether anyone can outline the over-the-counter meds that are ok to take during pregnancy? ie. Is Panadol ok? What about Aspro Clear?

Have been taking Mylanta tablets for the wind cramps which seemed to have helped and are being very careful not to take anything without checking first but am getting headaches since I discovered I was pg, more so than I used to get.

You can't take Asprin unless it is recommend by your OB, but panadol is fine

Love

Thanks Kathryn, I thought as much. Asprin thins your blood does it not? Can't be very good for a pregnancy I would think.

Yep it thins your blood.

Love

Custardtart Guest

Stay off codeine too, as it's a morphine derivative and not too good for baby.

Kerrie

Thanks Custardtart....codeine makes me really ill anyway! *L*

Hello,

Was at the hospital for PG complications the other day and the doctor said that if you had to take something that Panadol was the safest.

Curious

Panadol is absolutely fine to take during pregnancy, I was hospitalised at 24 weeks and I was having Panadol every 4 hours for quite a number of days.

Take Care

Deeanne

jcm73 Guest

Most pain medications (panadol, paracetemol etc) will state on the pack if they are ok for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers. If you're buying over the counter, then ask the chemist if the product is safe

Default Painkillers in pregnancy....

I'm taking Panadol, and if the pain is really bad I will take 1 panadene. I've just come home from hospital and this poor Bub has had it all, 4 lots
    Of Steroids, morphine,endone and panadene forte!! I have 4 weeks to go.