Thread: Painting a cot

Default Painting a cot

Can anyone tell me what to paint a cot with? We have a second hand one that is currently stained and want to paint it white. Is spray paint best?

Good question wheatie, I have an antique basinette I would like to paint, will be interested in what responses you get..

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Wheatie

I've just finished painting my cot and I used a Gloss white by Splashes-Gloss Acrylic Enamel.The reason we picked this kind is because its water based, quick dry and it really doesn't smell at all.And if bub decides later on to bit into the cot its harmless.

Be sure to use a water based paint, and not a lead based one.

Thanks for your responses guys.

Went up to the paint shop yesterday. Because it is stained and varnished, we have to first paint it with this sealer stuff - if you buy some make sure it isn't one with the toxic sign on it. That stuff makes the other paint stick, so over it we are just doing an oil based white. Lady said they don't make paints with lead in them anymore and oil based sticks on harder than water based if bub wants to chew (but wouldn't matter too much anyway I don't think)

Custardtart Guest

man, every time I read the title of this post my brain translates it as "Painting a cat"!!!!! What sort of warped mind do I have?

Kerrie