Thread: panadeine forte during pregnancy

Default panadeine forte during pregnancy

last night when i was in hospitl the doctor wouldnt give me anything else other than panadeine forte in case i was in very early stages of pregnancy.

I have read elsewhere that this is not safe during pregnancy. Does anyone know?

What about panadeine?

Oh Danni, sweetie, I'm sorry you were in so much pain... I took panadiene forte at the end of my pg as well. Panadeine and Panadeine forte both have the same ingredients I THINK, its just different levels of the codeine. I'd google it or ask your Dr again just to make sure if your not comfortable because you dont want to take any chances at the moment. Good luck honey.

Just found this Danni

Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant.
    Panadeine Forte may be used during pregnancy. However, it is recommended that non-drug therapies such as rest and massage be tried first.
    Hope you feel better soon

oh no, i really hope i didnt hinder my chance of conception last night,. They gave me 3!

No honey dont worry, they said its completely safe. They only worry I think when you take it for prolonged periods of time. Please dont worry. Paracetemol and codeine are fine to take in pg if you need them and you obvioulsy did. They wouldnt have given it to you otherwise sweetie.

Danni, I was at the doc the other day and he was giving me the run down on what I can and can't have. Panadeine Forte was on the OK list - so don't worry. You need to focus on getting better. Hang in there hon....

thank you gems (im about to puke though...is it too early for preg symptoms?)

I was given Panadeine Forte dring the 1st trimester in combination with Maxolon. From what I understand anything from the paracetamol (Panadol, Panadeine & Panadeine Forte)is considered safe under the direction of a GP.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I was also prescribed this at 6 months with Marisa, as my back was a mess - I took one from the whole box! I *think* the main reason they don't like to give it is due to the codeine, it can make you constipated and your risk of constipation is already higher being pregnant, your gut softened from hormones.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

chelleg Guest

Danni, Panadiene Forte is 100% ok. We always give it to women of various gestations to aide with pain relief - either to try and sleep after insertion of PG's or ATADS or to help women settle when in prem labour. Trust me there are much, much worse things i have known women to put into their bodies (not always by choice) and they still have happy and healthy babies
    Hope you're feeling better!

After IVF transfer they tell you it is fine to have paracetamol and is ok if it has codeine in it (for any pain). I dont suppose they would say that if it was really an issue. Im sure everything will be fine, hun.

thanks guys! fletch - you're a cack! i was chucking again at 5am this morning.....hmmmm chceck out my chart today sticky beakers! !

I had panadine forte at 10wks with Lachlan due to a bee sting. I was given a cream for it but got allergic to the cream which made things alot worse. So a locum gave me panadine forte, he said it was on some category list (forget which) but said there is no hard facts one way or the other about affects in pregnancy.

I took 1 dose and Lach is fine I have had quite a bit of just normal panadine in this pregnancy due to various sore throats etc

Love

I was given panadeine forte when i was pregnant with Alex it's the only strong pain relief that you can take. Mine was given to me by the hospital so yes it is safe to take.

Good luck Danni and i hope you get a BFP in the next few days.