Thread: Panadol with optisorb?

Default Panadol with optisorb?

I am just wondering if I can take some panadol that also says "with optisorb" that makes it work faster? I know I can take panadol but didn't know if it has any other added ingredience?
    Sorry if silly question!!

the "optizorb" is a carrier of chalk and alginate (the raft forming substance found in some forms of mylanta) so Id guess it was safe?

eta: form a site I found
    n clinical trials the new paracetamol - Panadol Advance - was found to disperse up to five times faster. Its ingredient, Optizorb, a combination of chalk and alginic acid, acts like a sponge, drawing stomach acid in to the centre of the pill.
    When these ingredients react, they have a fizzing effect, forcing the tablet to break down more quickly.
    In trials, the paracetamol with Optizorb took a maximum of 20 minutes to dissolve (in some patients it took just ten minutes), compared with up to an hour and 15 minutes with the ordinary drug.
    More than 100 brands were tested.
    Commenting on the new pills, David Colquhoun, professor of pharmacology at University College London said: 'The results are quite promising - there is a 75 per cent greater concentration of paracetamol in the bloodstream than the standard version of paracetamol they tested, though after an hour the difference isn't that great.
    'I suspect you could get the same benefit by crushing regular paracetamol tablets before you took them, or taking the painkiller in a soluble form.'

Thanks Starry!!