Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partners view on DTD while Pg

Wink Partners view on DTD while Pg

WARNING PROBABLY TMI!!!

I've heard of men going a little off sex while their wife/partner is pregnant. I've heard of men complying with whatever the partner wants but my partner, literally, all of a sudden.... how do I say it..... has become a kinky, horny sex machine who wants it all day every day!!!!

I've even heard of pg females geting this way during the second trimester but the partner????

It was about 5 or 6 weeks where I didn't want him to touch me at all, I was too dizzy and sick to want to DTD but things have been back to normal for quite awhile now. In the last 2 weeks he has been talking about wanting to do all these different .... semi-outhere things. We work for the same company, separate offices in the same building and if I get one more IM to 'be in my office in 10' I think I'm going to throttle him. It's not that I don't want to but there is only so long I can listen to him talk about it and only so many times I can do it. I don't want to seem disinterested because I'm not. In fact the change is good.... but just not so extreme!!!

I understand he thinks being pg is sexy. I understand because I am more confident nude then I was before, I think I look better pg!! But this is just OTT.

He would never push me to do anything and I don't feel pressured at all, he has just told me about them, I just find it..... interesting to see how he has changed in that aspect and wondered if it happened to others.

hi smudgie!

Well we were DTD i would say every 1-2 days especially in 2nd trimester!
    DH loved it and i was much more into it when preg with all the hormones racing!

The only time DH didnt want to is from about 36 weeks when i was having shows! lol.... didnt want to go where that came out! hA!

I would say it is normal and hey go for it!

My husband is like that normally but since i've been pregnant he's been even more crazed than usual.I actually didn't think it was possible for him to have a bigger sex drive but apparently it is
    I can empathise with u ,i really can.It can b frustrating & start to get annoying when they never leave u alone
    Try & talk to him about it if u can ,just say what u have said here ie: that it's not that u don't want to & it's great but..... & come to a comprimise ,other wise u will end up feeling frustrated & upset that he wont let up .Just making a suggestion based on personal experience

BTW I'm talking about dtd every 1 to 2 days but maybe twice on that day & he still wants more (in the office, on the beach, in the car, at the movies, whereever he can think of which has been unlike him previously)...... I think its fair to say, it hurts after awhile

As I got bigger the more scared DP became! He was scared bub would get hurt or something.

Maybe he wants to get his 'experimentation' out of the way before bub arrives? He might be worried that being parents will change your time and sex drive?? Or he just thinks you're the hottest thing on earth!!!

You guys are lucky!! Just when I've never felt so attractive, DH seems to think the opposite. Was the same in my first pregnancy too! Rather frustrating.

I have to go with some of the other girls smudgie. I think DH is scared of me at the mom, and there is still a long way to go. We have always had a great sex life, but now, not so. It disappoints me a bit because im worried DH isnt attracted to me so much now im big. But i think he is just scared.
    Sounds like you have one horny man!!! Ha, i have no idea how you are going to slow him down! Try enjoy the fun its going to be much harder after bubba arrives!
    Mel

DH used to worry that he'd hurt the baby too I had to re-assure him that he wasn't packing a dangerous weapon down there rofl.

That's funny Dachlostar
    Btw Smudgies mum,i'm hearing u hun,like i said my DH is like that normally except he wouldn't wait for 2 days,he wants it every day,everywhere ,all the time!
    Sometimes it's just like again!! He says i should b pleased he finds me so attractive

My partner ALWAYS wants to DTD and honestly i have not got the energy. If i have energy he is lucky but normally i ask him if i can massage him instead.. (his back nothing kinky!!).. Then when i am almost asleep he asks me again. He counts the days inbetween, Apparantly its up to 8 (my bad) but i am so exhausted even thinking about it makes me more tired.
    He understands and promptly goes to sleep. Mind you it is now 8.10am and i have been up since before 5am, he is still in bed. No wonder i am so tired!

Dp has always been liek this if he didnt get it for like a day he would be sooking.
    i have not had the 2nd trimester erge liek everyone and books have said. TMI alert.
    Everytime dp comes near me i am that constipated or need to fart and a few times we have dtd i have been liek just hurry up cause i dont wanna fart lol.
    he is startin to just give up cause he is sick of being turned down i feel really bad but i cant do anythign about it.

My poor DP never go anything when we found out I was pg with DD. For 7 months he was on his own. I had a stitch in my cervix and didnt want to do anything that would jeopardise the pg.

Quote Originally Posted by mgm View Post
    You guys are lucky!! Just when I've never felt so attractive, DH seems to think the opposite.
    Same. Although he has said it's not that he finds me unattractive it's more that his paternal feelings of protectiveness are extending to me and the baby and he had trouble feeling 'sexy' thoughts.

So after me being tired and ill in the first trimester, then me being super horny and him not into it the second trimester... I'm now in the third trimester and he's come around after seeing how much it hurt me but now it doesn't feel good to me anymore! *sigh* Needless to say we haven't DTD much during this pregnancy

Ren - my DH may well have the same feelings as yours, but he has been either unable or unwilling to articulate what exactly the issue is. Last time round I tried to persuade him to DTD when I was a week overdue, to bring on labour, and he declined (not that I felt like it either, so I was secretly relieved!). Oh well, at least he's not the only one...

Quote Originally Posted by mgm View Post
    Ren - my DH may well have the same feelings as yours, but he has been either unable or unwilling to articulate what exactly the issue is.
    Oh, that's my articulation for him- after many conversations and working it out It wasn't worry about hurting the baby or finding me unattractive and then we finally worked it out. I can respect that but it was hard sometimes when I'm feeling so sexy but getting naught in the bedroom.

Dachlostar & Sassy!!!!

I don't mean to be ungrateful, so (TMI ALERT BUT HILARIOUS TOO) on Friday night I got home dtd, Saturday I sat on an icepack for an hour so once again we could dtd, Sunday I did the same thing.

I got home from work last night and was feeling a bit antsy - surprisingly, after all the deed doing on the weekend and OMG DP didn't want to do it..... the reply I got was 'I can't, I'm scared it will fall off' (I CANNOT STOP LAUGHING)

How the tables have turned ..... he has chafe rash now on.... well I'm sure you can imagine. I might actually get a full nights rest this week and get some work done too. Come the weekend I'll be back in full swing roaring and ready to go, and I am sure by then he will have made a full recovery.

You girls are making me cack myself here!!!
    I have the opposite problem here. This baby is the result of 10years trying and DH just feels (I am guessing) too protective towards me and the baby to DTD. I am not kidding, we have done it twice in the whole time. Once about half way through the pregnancy when I kept at him for a while, and once recently to try to bring labour on. I was feeling as though he just didnt find me attractive when I am at my most confident about my body, like ever. I eventually worked it out that it isnt about him not liking my shape at all, just not wanting to jeapardise things. I am not unhappy with the situation though as we never had a super active sex life in recent years anyhow (result of TTC for so long I think) and I just never got that second tri urge either.
    Good luck girls, dont wear your bits out!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast