Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Payment from Centrelink

kirsty Guest

I'm pretty sure at some stages the amount you can earn does go up before your payment is affected (just can't remember if it is every year or not??)

Lorin Guest

Kirtsy - Hmm well maternity leave paid, would that be me levaing work and taking all my holiday pay. Because i know i dont get maternity leave paid btu i am taking my holiday pay! is this wat u mean.

Jenni - is DF ur partner??? If so, 600 a fortnight, what if my partner was bringing home 600 a week

kirsty Guest

I don't think you taking your holidays counts as paid maternity leave Lorin.

Lorin Guest

Ok cool. well thanks for all your help hopefully it works out to what i understand now.

can i ask a question i get 160 a fortnight i know its not for how much my hubby brings home its for the other now im not renturn back to work anytime soon im i already getting sahm payment or am i gettting a payment for my child also when i have this baby will my payment of 160 go up cozz i have two children or wat im so confussed

kirsty Guest

Kylie if I am reading your post correctly (& please let me know if I'm not) you are getting a fortnitely payment for the child you already have, when this baby is born I would expect that your payment may rise to a higher fortnitely amount due to the second child. Do you know what part of the family tax you are getting?? Do you get part A & part B or just part B?

hey kristy
    i think im getting part b only cos my hubby earns to much but really with the one income isnt not really enought dose that sound right

kirsty Guest

It does sound right, Part A is determined by your partners income & Part B is determined by your income.

As an example, this financial year (2005-2006) my DH earnt $75,000 so we weren't eligible to receive any of the Part A entitlement, but I estimated my income to be $10,200 & I received just over $70 a fortnite for James.

It's just so damn confusing trying to work this stuff out!
    Just remember that if you have a reduced benefit due to over estimating your possible income, or if you don't end up going back to work, you can claim FTB in a lump sum after you have done your tax returns. That way you get a nice big bonus.

kirsty Guest

That is exactly what is going to happen here Sammi, coz I estimated $10,200 but in reality only earnt about $6,000 (because of the time off with Thomas' pregnancy complications & subsequent stillbirth) I'm gonna get a nice little boost to my tax return.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12