Thread: PG after Laporoscpy/Clomid/Endo/PCOS

Default PG after Laporoscpy/Clomid/Endo/PCOS

Ok all of the abive - I don't know hoe normal it is but i have just found out i am pg a couple of days ago and i am still under the care of my OB/GYN after a laporoscopy last year. I have been told to have blood tests twice weekly for hcg to check that it is going up and i am having a five week scan and a seven week scan - is this normal? I was put on clomid after four months of TTC and not ovulating - My worry i guess is that he saw something odd when doing the lap that he hasn't told me about....

Hi AJ,

Perhaps after everything you've been through your OBGYN just wants to make sure everything's going okay & reassure you by doing some extra blood tests and a couple of scans? I'm sure everything's okay and he would have told you if there was anything to be concerned about.

Wishing you all the best!!

HI AJ

I fell preg 4mths after a laproscopy with my first and I had a 6wk scan done, but I was unsure of the date that I conceived as well.

Love

Thanks guys - looks like it may have been a warning afterall - i had a m/c yesterday... So will probably have to go through it all again next time...

Hi AJ,

I'm very sorry about your loss. So disappointing after all that you have been through already.

The type of checking your gyn was doing is quite normal though with your type of situation. If a pg occurs, they will monitor it very carefully at first with scans. They also do blood tests as you described to check whether the hcG levels are still rising which will indicate viability.

I know it doesn't help much at the moment because you will be thinking about the one you have just lost but falling pg so quickly after the lap is a very good sign. It means the lap did the job and I hope it isn't too long before you conceive again.

Once again, I'm really sorry. Rest up and take care of yourself.

Love,

Melissa

*Megan* Guest

Oh AJ - I am so sorry for your loss.....

Just wanted to let you know that I had endo, have had 2 laprocopy's (sp?) and was on clomid as I didn't ovulate for 5 months and we fell pg after 3 months after the clomid and provera. I was monitored every week with blood tests and had a scan at 6 weeks...It is good that your OB was being overly cautious as was mine...

Best of luck with TTC!

So sorry again....

Megan

Margot_In_Oz Guest

Hi AJ,

I'm so sorry about your sad news. Here's hoping for a healthy pregnancy soon.

I had two laparoscopies for endo and fell pregnant just six weeks after the surgery. My OB was great and did lots of checks including two blood tests, and internal ultrasounds at 5 weeks and 7 weeks. It made me feel a lot better that I was being monitored so closely.

The only effect of getting pregnant so soon after laparoscopies is that I have a lot of stomach pain which my doctor thinks may be related to all the scar tissue I probably have.

Margot.

Thanks so much ladies - i don't feel like such a freak now - at least i know what will be instore for next time and after a m/c may be even more!!! Thanks again - and i am so looking forward to being pg next time....At least i will know pretty well straight away if i am or not...