Thread: Is this pg related??

Red face Is this pg related??

Ok this is TMI & embarassing but I figure you girls are best to ask (short of going to the Dr)
    Ok, heres my problem. I feel chafed all the time, down there.... Everything looks normal but on the outside kind of right up towards the skin between my vagina & bum always feels chafed. When I wipe from doing a wee, there is often a spot of blood. not from the inside but from this area that is sore. I have looked & its not red looking or anything its normal looking but its tender, its like the skin is raw (feeling). I don't wipe rough so its not self inflicted trauma. could it just be that the skin is really sensitve?
    The other thing which could be the cause is I put out a LOT of CM. I have to change panty liners alot. The CM looks normal as well. Maybe its because things are always a bit moist down there.
    I have actually started to put some zinc cream on to try & help releive some of the discomfort.
    Any suggestions would be great. I don't want to go to the DR & spread my legs to be told its normal....

MMM I might talk to the midwife at the hospital tomorrow. Its not an open wound as such, Like i said it all looks normal.
    I have never had thrush but isn't there a discharge with that?

It sounds like it could be from the moisture from the extra CM. Maybe a barrier cream like for nappy rash? (or is that what the zinc cream is?). Or maybe get around with no undies on for a day? LOL.. like we air out bubby's bottom

I haven't had thrush either.. but I thought that was itchy as well?

Sorry.. I'm probably of no help.

Thanks girls, I am thinking that maybe it is thrush. I found this on the net
    You may just be aware of itchiness and general discomfort when you have vaginal thrush, or you may have a discharge. This discharge is generally described as being thick, cream or white in colour, and looking like cottage cheese. Sometimes the discharge is not obvious but the intense itching usually gives thrush away! The skin of the vulva and perineum may be involved as well, and you may experience a rash, swelling, soreness or burning and sometimes splitting of the skin.
    The last bit about swelling, soreness & splitting of the skin, makes me think this is the problem.
    It is pretty itchy at times too. MMMM Ok I think I will talk to the midwife tomorrow & just ask what products are safe to use then get something.
    I guess if treatment fixes it, then that was the problem.....
    How embarassing! Should I be embarassed if it is thrush? It doesn't mean I'm not clean does it???

I have also heard its pretty common problem while pg & yes those ad's are stupid, same with tampon & pad ad's. I don't think they need to advitise those products. we all know what they are & need them so we will buy them with out the ads.
    So can i just walk into the chemist & buy it. I feel like I am going to buy condoms for the first time........

Well I get this too and had it during my pregnancy with Lily and it was never thrush. I have a lot of CM too and I think this is the problem, for me anyway. It would be good to get checked out, i did. But for me it was nothing. But better to be safe than sorry. I know how you feel though!

I am fanativcally clean in that dept and still have shocking thrush this pg, so dont be embarrassed.

You might have a bit of eczema down there. Your Dr or MW will be able to tell you. I sympathise you poor thing.

I forgot to say, if it turns out not to be thrush, curash nappy cream worked really well for me, makes the itch and raw feeling go away almost instantly.

You might find that after a shower blow drying that area with your hair dryer on low might help....instead of using a rough towel. Also, when you wee, don't wipe but kinda blot...does that make sense? If you clean the area fanatically then your skin might lose some of its natural oils, making it more itchy etc.
    Don't be embarrassed if it's thrush...I had it once and just went to the chemist and picked out a female worker who was helpful....
    Also, I use those Kleenex toilet tissues for #2's....keeping that area nice and clean....and it's a nice psychological thing too!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It is more common to get thrush during pregnancy so don't feel embarassed! Especially if you are run down and stressed but not always.

Check out the 'In-Liven' which is in the directory here: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/directory/nsw/ it's great for prevention and combating candida (thrush) amongst many other things - it has 13 strains of lactobacillus unlike the usual acidophilus products which have only a couple. Also it's much better as a whole product than synthetically made pre-natal vitamins because it's a live product containing all the nutrients your body needs to exist (and not embarassing to buy hehehe!). It's brilliant for pregnancy and breastfeeding and safe enough even for babies
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hi all, thanks for all the replies. Thank god I am normal! LOL
    I spoke tot eh Midwife yesterday & she said to try the cream & that the applicators are fine to use. Thats its a bit of a oldwives tale about not using them. Anyway, I went and got some & started treatment last night & must say I am noticing a difference. Hopefully its not just a coincidence (sp?) and this is what the problem was. If not I will go to the Dr.
    DH had a bit of a laugh at me when I told him.... But he was just having a dig at me for being silly about it. I came home & said well I have some stuff for my bread issue (yeast/bread, get it??).