Thread: Pilaties/Yoga

Default Pilaties/Yoga

Can any one recommoned a good yoga or pilaties DVD to do at home while preggers?
    I dont really know the difference between the two but i want to do something like that!!

Sorry I can't reccomend a video but I have done in a class situation and would say to do pilates over yoga during pregnancy. Pilates is much better for getting that pelvic floor nice and strong
    I would also say to do some classes to make sure you are doing the excercises right seeing as you are quite a way into your PG.

I have a pregnancy yoga DVD which I find great for stretching. Do a bit of research on the net about the two, and you can buy DVD's on the net much cheaper than in the stores.

I went to my prenatal yoga class last night and the instructor said that pilates tends to tighen the muscles in the abdomen when really you want everything to be flexible and supple yet toned so recommends yoga over pilates (but that's coming from a yoga instructor so may be biased, but she didn't sound it).

Yep - I have the Yoga for Pregnancy CD by Dr Gillian Ross bought it at the ABC shop or you can buy it online from their online store, I think its so wonderful totally recommendit. It includes gentle excercises, breathing, pelvic floor excerises and relaxation practices.