Thread: Pinched Nerve in Groin?

Default Pinched Nerve in Groin?

Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone can help me out here. I was out walking yesterday and felt a sudden sharp pain in my groin (you know the line where your panties would lay?). It hasn't gotten better and the pain alternates between being sharp and a sharp ache. I told my DH it felt like a pinched nerve or pulled muscle but I was only strolling along a flat path! I'm finding that it hurts to stand, to walk and I have to use my hands to lift my leg into the car or onto my foot stool. Has anyone else experienced this? How did you deal with it? I'm reluctant to call my Ob as when I mentioned my back pain in my last appointment she told me it was sciatica and would go when bubs is born. I'm at a loss for what to do for the next 6 weeks because walking REALLY hurts!

TIA.

MG

Oh MG i cant help you sweetie. I hope it gets better soon and it is only a pinched nerve or something. What about a heat pack/ice pack??

aw you poor sweetheart, I really do sympathise with you cause I too get it. It will most likley go in a day or two. Does sound like a pinched nerve or pulled muscle, we poor pregnant women don't have to move much to make something have a hissy fit at us on our bodies when heavily pregnant. What ever it is I doubt there is much they can do for it unless it progresses worse with the pain, then pain relief I guess. I would say just try and rest and keep those legs up and give the area time to heal. Not long to go now sweetie, you deserve to rest now after all you are carrying quite a load, you deserve to keep your feet up!

Goodluck hope someone has a definate answer for you!

I did the same thing when I was about 19wks pregnant ... and it was excruciating for a couple of days. It felt like a pulled muscle - down near my knickers line, and only on one side (my left side). And I was the same as you - I had to use my hands to lift my leg into the car or out of the bath.

To be honest, it still hurts - not anywhere near as badly, but I really notice it when I lift my leg to put it through knickers/jeans when I'm dressing etc. I still haven't mentioned it to my OB yet - I wasn't overly worried and just thought it was one of those pg things lol.
    Last edited by Cherie; January 1st, 2007 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks ladies. I guess I'll monitor it for the next few days and rest it as much as I can. If it's no better by the end of the week I'll see a physiotherapist.

Cherie - I hope your leg gets better sooner rather than later. Odd that I have hurt my left side too!

MG

MG, I also had this around 19/20 weeks, it was AWFUL. I could barely walk when the pain was at it's worst. I found that a heat pack (warm not really hot hot) helped a great deal. It's almost completely gone now, but sometimes, if I move my left leg too suddenly it kinda grabs again. Not fun. I hope you feel better soon.