Thread: Please help -4D scans

Default Please help -4D scans

Hello

Okay, so I need to book into get my 19 week scan done. I want 4D so that I can see Squishy clearer and hopefully get a peek of gender. My dr recommended Dr Carmody (Wesley based, rooms at Sunnybank) but I also know that they do these scans at Clarke & Robertson in Ipswich.
    Dr Carmody charges $230 (1/2 back on medicare) and at the end you receive a disc of images. Clarke & Robertson charges $145 ($20 off if paid in full on day, then like $85-90 back on medicare) and you get a pic as well.

I can get to both of these places reasonable well as I live in Ippy but drive past Sunnybank on my way home.

Dr Carmody is apparently really good at these scans (oops, forgot to ask if he does the Sunnybank scans or just Wesley ones) but is a little pricey in the end. Clarke & Robertson are well priced and I would imagine they would be good at it.

I hate decisions....? Anyone, got any ideas or stories for me...please

sorry, i don't know either place. but personally i would go with the cheaper option (then again i am tight - LOL).

hi kate
    i saw a woman dr at the sunnybank fetal clinic (dont know her name so dont know if it was dr carmody i think her name was carol! ) ! for my 13 week scan and found it very enjoyable! we are booked in there for our 19 wek scan also! we recieved about $90 or so back on medicare!
    we got a disc with at least 10 pictures on it! i dont know the other place as we are refferd there from our ob! the room is really nice and you can realx looking at the big screen in front of you rather than the side!
    i hope this helps my brain is a little scattered today!
    good luck!!!!! oh there is easy parking too!!!! xo

Sunnybank and Mater have the best machines available in Qld, so Sunnybank is probably the better option, even though it does cost a bit more.

Sometimes, they let you take a DVD in and get it recorded - just ask the receptionist.

CatherineL Guest

Just thought i'd also mention Queensland Ultrasound for Women.. this clinic is FANTASTIC! It's is also pricey but the service you get, the time spent on you is brilliant! You also receive a DVD of your whole scan as well as pictures and you can view you sonogram on huge plasma screens... (i thought that was pretty kool, instead of those stingy little screens that i have had in the past). My biggest factor is that they are so bloody friendly and they really seem to care - the sonographer as well as the doctor both got so excited with me when they were taking me through babies anatomy.. it was just a nice touch and i thought it was well worth the $$ - at the end of the day, you get half back on medicare anyway.

Hello,

I have my 19 week scan booked in with Dr Carmody (he is a he btw) at the wesley,
    I am excited to know they are dimensional scans I didnt realise that.

I have been to Dr caromody before for a HSG done whilst we were trying to Conceive.
    He was really nice and I wouldnt hesitate going back to him he has some light humour and a little chatty too which at the time was really calming.

In fact the whole staff were really nice.

Hope this helps.

hi kate,
    just thought i would let you know that there is also a place at loganholme that does non diagnistic 4d scans where you can have up to 10 people go! the web site is www.preciouspreviews.com.au
    i am going to book one for about my 24th week so i can get some good pics its quite expensive though and you are out of pocket 100%!
    just thought i would tell you though! good luck xo

Decided to go with the cheaper alternative as it is closer to home and the scan falls on our first wedding anniversary (little bit special). I'm one ot speak my mind so if I feel that it's not good enough or something like that then I will say something then and there. If that's the case then I will pay the extra to go and see Dr Carmody.

Thanks for everyones advice

Hi. I am booked in for the ipswich place for my 19 week scan on the 24th April. Make sure you specifically ask for the 3D scan as it is only available in one room (I think).

If my appointment is before yours I can let you know what the service is like.

Hi Artechim
    Yeh, when I rang and booked I made sure I specified 4D to the receptionist. Theres only one sonographer person at Clarke & Robertson at the moment who can do these scans so they have to book you a time when she(he) is working. My appt is on the 4th May so you will get to see your little one before me. So yes please, if you could let me know how you went that would be great.
    Thanks muchly

Hey Artechim
    Good luck with your scan tomorrow. I bet you are jumping out of your skin to see your littley. Are you going to find out what gender you are having?

lindie Guest

I have just had my 20 week scan at womens diagnostic at sunnybank,

whilst I didnt ask for 4D ultrasound they did do it and we paid no more for it, we didnt get the DVD but we did get some pickies.

They also didnt ask if we wanted 4D...ripped off LOL

No we were happy with the services.

Good Luck girls!!!

Thanks for asking Kate. I am very excited to see bubs. I don't want to know the gender, hopefully we won't see anything to revealing. Will let you know how it goes.

Just had my scan. The entire scan was done in 2d, the sonographer just switched over to the 3d near the end to see if we could get a look. Unfortunately the bubs had its little arms crosssed over its face and didn't want to move. We got a photo printout, but it was only a 2D profile shot.

I am not sure if the other place in sunnybank does the whole scan in 4D?