Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP: Bleeding at 6 wks

Unhappy PLEASE HELP: Bleeding at 6 wks

I apologise in advance for TMI and disjointed thoughts. I'm typing this in a hurry.

Yesterday I had some light pink spotting. Went to OB who did a scan and saw gestational sac, but not much else. He said that I appeared to be at about 5.5 weeks and to come back in in about 10 days for a another scan, or earlier if the bleeding worsened.

3am this morning (my time... to about 3.5 hours ago) I woke and went to the toilet and had bright red when I wiped.

Just now when I got up I had period like bleeding... plenty of red with some clots, and some mild period pain (I've had much worse during normal periods).

MY QUESTION.... Is this definitely all over? Should I be rushing to the hospital to try and do something or is there no point? Should I just wait until the OB office opens (in 2 hours time) and call there?

Please help. I'm sad and scared and just can't think. Have to rush off to BF my toddler. Back soon.

THANKS

You poor thing, bleeding during pregnancy is so scary. No, it doesn't mean it's all over. A lot of women experience bleeding and go on to have healthy bubs. My sister bled many times while pg with her DD and she was perfectly fine.

Are you experiencing any pain/cramping? If I were you I'd speak to your OB first, hopefully he can get you in for another scan today and do a BT. If you go to hospital you may be waiting a long time before you are seen and will most likely be told there isn't much they can do. But if you experience severe bleeding/pain/cramping then do take yourself to the hospital.

I'm praying all is OK with your little bub.

Thanks Trish for the ray of hope.

There is some mild cramping I guess.. like mild period pain. I'm not doubled over in pain or anything like that. But there is quite a bit of blood. Just like I got my period really.

Like everyone else who this happens to, I just can't believe it's happening to me. So scared and sad.

I completely understand the fear and sadness. I really hope everything works out well for you.

I would head into the hospital anyway. U need some reasurance... otherwise its going to be a very looooooooooooooooooooong day. Head in and let them know your bleeding and cramping and i assume they will run some tests on u. Stay positive, bleeding in early pregnancy is quite common. xox

Honey Im sorry to hear that but i had the same thing and despite everything and how "normal" bleeding is, clotting & pain is not good. I would be asking for a scan straght away. I saw a heart beat at 6w with mine with bleeding but 2 days later had clotting and pain and was confirmed only by scan that it was over.

Not being negative but got to be realistic here and go get it looked at now. Today.

We're here for you regardless of what happens and I hope that you're one of those "freaks of nature" that bleeds and clots but has a normal pregnancy

Eliza xx

Thanks Hollye and thanks Eliza. I hope I'm one of those freaks too!

Just getting myself and my son ready, and we'll head up to the hospital. My OB office is in the office building, so I'll try and sneak an appointment in there first up, but if that doesn't work, I'll go to A&E.

Is there likely that there will be anything that they can do? Or will it just be a case of confirming whether or not bub is holding on thus far?

And if I am miscarrying, how much blood should I expect to pass? Am I likely to see anything of the baby at this stage? Sorry if that thought is TMI. Just want to be prepared.

Thanks

AT this stage, if you are misscarrying, there isnt much they can do. They will prob run a blood test to check on your levels and give you and scan to see whats going on. See even tho u aare bleeding, doesnt necesarily mean its coming from bub. People i have spoken to that have had misscarriges have said they have sorta passed a clot (size depending on what stage they are at). At 6 weeks your bubs isnt much bigger than a grain of rice. So with the sac and everything, i think you would expect to see something to size of a 5c peice?? someone correct me if im wrong.

let me know what happens xoxoxo good luck!!!!!!!!!!! hang in there bubba!!!!!!!!!!!

Hollye

nup that sounds right...

I didnt bleed as much as I anticipated but enough to need to change my pad every couple of hours and the pains were just mild being so early. The real pains came when i was induced to pass it.

Sorry if i came across as harsh I just wish someone told me how it was when it happened to me, even though I loved the support I needed it in black & white.

Thanks Hollye and Eliza. Blunt is good... I'm trying to remain a little hopeful, but really am expecting the worst, and the more I know of what to expect the better.

Eliza - You mention that you were induced as well. I didn't realise that that was a possibility at such an early stage. Was that to help speed it all up? Sorry if these are sensitive questions for you. I really hope you get another BFP soon, and a good sticky pg to go with it.

Hang in there Bubbaloo. I am a freak of nature! I was passing clots and LOTS of bright blood for a few days and that happened on three different occasions... but this little bubba was so determined to stick. I was convinced it was all over each time, but all is fine.

I had a scan at 6w5d and all they could see was a sac, nothing else. And I had 4 hcg tests done, one every 48 hrs. And the levels didnt double like they were supposed to.... but still... bub is fine.

Sorry didnt mean to go on about me, me, me. Just trying to show you there is some hope. xx

Rest up and take care.

Just wanted to update you all, and thank you again for your support.

I just got back from the OB. Given the situation, they agreed to squeeze me in. While I was waiting I went in to the toilets.... and there was more blood and and I passed some tissue. All over. I came back out crying and the receptionists said the doc would do a scan anyway, which she did. She said that from comparing to yesterday's scan, that she could see that it was moving down/out, warned me that there will be more bleeding, but probably not too bad, and probably cramping. She said if it got too unbearable to go back in, but other wise to go back in next week to check whether I need a D&C (which she thinks I probably won't).

Now I have to face this new reality and figure out where to from here. Hopefully we'll be able to TTC again in the next few months. It just scares me that it took nearly 2 years to conceive DS, and I feel time ticking away. I'm also regretting telling our immediate families so early, cause I really don't want to talk to them about this right now.

But I'm just so grateful for my DS. He is such a blessing. I look at him and know that I can't fall apart over this. Well I'm trying not to.

Anyway, thanks again to all of you lovely ladies. I hope we all end up with the families we dream of.

Im so sorry youre going through this.
    Use your family to support you and help you through this, thats what they are there for. You dont have to talk to them, but knowing they care baout you and are there for you if you do decide to talk to them can help. I had threatened miscarriage that went on for 6 weeks with DS, and I was glad I'd told our immediate families becaues I didnt feel I had to hide the uncertainty I was going though. I didnt really want to talk about what I was feling, but at least they had some idea of why I wasnt acting normal. I cant imagine how much more magnified those feelings must be for you, Im so sorry

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that .

Please take good care of yourself .

sorry to hear that bubbaloo. look after yourself and i hope you have lots of support when you need/want it

Im so sorry ((hugs))

So sorry to hear the sad news. Thinking of you and DP both.

Bubaloo

Sorry honey, glad you went to Ob and had another scan. Sounds like you went through the exact same thing as I did and I had tablets to induce it to make it happen faster. I didnt want a D&C as It took 18 months to get pregnant in the first place :|

Hope that you're ok and sweety take as much time out as you can...I told my family and DH family early too so i can sympathise hon I know what its like. Belive me im gad i told them because I have needed the support and you will too. :hugs:

DH mum is a trained midwife and she came with me to the scan that told me it was over, I dont think I will be fully able to get through this without her.

Feel free to PM if you'd like to chat xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast