Thread: Please help me - Doctor has frightened me re hCG

Spuddles Guest

Default Please help me - Doctor has frightened me re hCG

Ok - i know it's normal to be scared of things going wrong, but I'm really scared of it. My doctor just called me about my bloods last week and said that it was a bit low. My hCG was at 42 last Monday (only 4 weeks 3days) and 155 on last Thursday (4 weeks 6 days). He wants me to do another test on Friday to make sure it's over 1000. He's really scared me guys and I'm sitting at work crying my socks off.
    Any advice? Please?

I can't get on to the site with HCG claculator but sound sliek your numbers are doubling nicely

take it easy have the next test

I think that they have doubled every second day... that's what you want (I am sure it's every second day!)...

Try not to get stressed, and just think about your beautiful bubble growing nicely inside!

Good Luck

I thought it doubled every 48 hours too.
    You've gone from 42 to 155 in 72 hours - that averages to just under double and a half in 48 hours..

Spuddles Guest

Thank you for your answers so quickly! I have found this great site that looks at averages. It hadn't occurred to me that maybe i had implanted or ovulated a day or two after I initially thought that I had. My DF has been on nightshift for most of the that month, so we only DTD twice (once on Australia Day and once on the 28th) and i did have more CM then i think i've ever had before!). I think that maybe if I'd O'd even a day later then I thought and then if I'd implanted only a day or two later then I thought I had, then my figures are actually high. According to one website, I'm actually spot on, so I'm going to try to stop panicking and go for the bloods on Friday and just see what happens. This is such a roller coaster ride. I thought the
    2ww was bad until I have gone through this!!!!!!!!!

Spuddles - I know it is worrying, as I am going thru a similar thing. As you may already know, I have been to 3 different Dr's just so I can keep an eye on my HCG levels. As last week Monday mine was only 10, then 2days later rose to 39, then to 86 two days later then Monday my levels were 320. Today I have gone again to see if the levels are still rising.
    I am keeping positive as the levels are doubling or even more than doubling, which you shoud try and do as well. Your levels have more than doubled in 72hours.
    One Dr last wek said to me, that unless my hcg levels were over 500, in a weeks time then he wouldnt class me as pg. Then told me to think positive. Yepppp sure will after you just telling me that. For me, I just couldnt wait a whole week to see how things are progressing, which is why I went to different Dr's. I have another Dr's appointment on Friday to do another BT, so I am really hoping that today brings good news, and then I have something else to go ny come Friday.

Sending lots of sticky vibes hun and praying, that your mind will be put at ease when you have your next BT.

Hugs

Another thing to remember too is that no one is 'textbook' and it would be rare to do exactly what the Drs are suggesting with the levels. I'm glad you've taken heart from what you've found out about ovulation too - I know I always ovulate 2-3 days after the appearance of EWCM and even being out by a day can affect it a lot. Good luck.

DEar Spuddles and Csab,
    I am so sorry that you are both on an icky rollercoaster. i dont know enough to help or advise about rising hcg levels. I just wanted you to both know that you are in my prayers and i am thinking of you both heaps. Considering that you are both going to have bloods done on Friday I wish you both the very best for positive high numbers.:

Pauline

Poly - Thanks so much sweety, I am sure spuddles and I are going to have great numbers on Firday. Arent we Spuddles? Thankyou for having us in your prayers and being here. hugs

Spuddles Guest

oh wow - thank you so much for your support guys!!! I feel so lucky to not have to go through this along. Thank you to all of you for being there for me. I appreciate all of your stories, support, advice and hugs believe me! It's all returned! Thank you. Yep Csab - will have top numbers on Friday!! i think some doctors (male ones in particular? what do you think?) just don't think before they speak!!
    I have my ups and downs - very emotional at the moment. Some moments I'm so scared I tear up, other moments I'm positive and try to put the positive vibes out there! I've started talking to our jelly bean and telling him or her that we can do this together and pull through this scary stage together with the love and support of our family and friends. It makes me feel better
    Good luck to all and please keep me posted - i promise to keep you guys posted.

The doubling rule is actually every 72 hours not 48 hours so all is OK. Stop stressing.

Hi there spuddles, wanted to tell you that my results more than doubled since Mondays result of 320. It is now 815. I still have an appointment on Friday tho.

Make sure you let me know what your results are. I know they will be great.... Hugs.