Thread: Please tell me you feel this way too...

Default Please tell me you feel this way too...

I just feel like I am the only pregnant woman out there who is THIS mentally and physically fatigued.

I feel like everyone else is glowing and has a social life and are out visiting people, partying and I am just the only one who is too tired to even contemplate leaving the couch.

This was my weekend.

Friday afternoon...went shopping with hubby - home for an hour or so before 7pm Obs appointment. Obs was running 30-45min late as he was at hospital. Hubby and I walked around target for a while before heading back to the office. I was THAT tired that all I wanted to do was cry...mentally, I am just finding it hard to push through it all.

CRAP sleep Friday night...

Saturday - got up with the intention of only having breckie then going back to bed. Hubby got up and we decided to go for a quick drive. I had my hair appointment at 2:30pm..and by the time I got there I was exhausted. To the point where the wait for my colour to set was such a challenge...the noise of the chatter and the hair dryers etc was doing my head in.
    By the time I got home at 4:30 I got into bed and tried to sleep as well had to go out that night.

Saturday night - we had a 30th in Geelong. I just didnt want to go but knew I had to. I HATE going somewhere knowing I cant just leave when I feel like it. Even tho I was a passenger the drive down the freeway to Geelong was painful. The pub had a little part where the party was....it was hot, loud and you could smell the cigarette smoke coming from the other side of the 'smoking section'.

Everyone was commenting on how beautiful and great I looked...but I was just SOOOOO tired...and fatigued and did not want to be there. I lasted about an hour before telling hubby i 'needed' to go home. Again i could have just burst into tears as I felt like I was such a party pooper.

We left and I struggled in the car to stay awake, i wanted to stay awake to keep hubby company. We were home just after 10pm.

So....i feel like an old woman. I am over feeling so emotional due to the tiredness and seriously...i really do feel like I am the only pregnant woman feeling this way.

Please tell me I am not alone with this.

p.s. As you know, I suffer from mild anxiety...and I sometimes have trouble differenciating between feelings of anxiousness and normal pregnancy stuff as tiredness usually is linked to when I feel anxious...but this is not anxiety related...but I guess I feel guilty for feeling so exhausted as I just really got back into it all as far as my anxiety goes.

THANKS for reading.

man I am so with you, I literally spent all weekend lieing in bed watching tv or sleeping I am so tired, its ridiculous how tired I am

Chrissy - You're not alone! I've felt like this since i found out i was pregnant. I've only had maybe 2 weeks where i got my energy back but it's totally gone again. This weekend i've done absolutely bugger all. Went out today and had lunch, i had to go home again because i was too tired to walk around. I also had to drive which was worse. I don't remember feeling this tired the first time though. I swear i could lay in bed and sleep for days on end, and i really want to but i just can't having to help look after a demanding toddler. So it's really hard for me. I say just take all the rest you need, don't worry about anyone else. Because when bub comes along, your sleep will go out the window.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It is normal with your body in overdrive making a baby, but make sure you are eating foods with plenty of iron too - if you are low in iron this can also contribute to fatigue.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Im with you hun Totally normal apparently. I can get a good 10hrs of sleep a night, be fine when I wake up but within about 2 hrs I am ready for bed again. Its a struggle to do anything even remotely requiring energy, esp work. Just think we only have 10 weeks to go!

Mate, I am always in bed! (Eating Frosty Fruits)

Don't really answer my mobile anymore, unless it's my mum or DH. Maybe my best friend if she's lucky. Don't really feel like doing anything..the thing that gets me out and doing things is 'cabin fever', where I think I don't care how tired I am, if I don't get a change of scenery I'm going to explode!

All I can recommend is turn your phone off, don't feel you HAVE to do anything, and get yourself a box of Frosty Fruits

I am the same also. People look at me like I'm mad when I say "no I didn't watch that on telly last night as I was in bed", but if I don't have to be up finishing washing or ironing or something then I'm in bed by 9pm. Even if I've had a daytime nap!! At least this time people keep saying "you must be so tired, you should rest", whereas last time it was "you're not supposed to be sleeping well, it's your body's way of preparing for when baby comes"!! That made me so mad, why shouldn't I get sleep while I still could?? Obviously having a toddler while pg makes it different somehow??

I'm with everyone else. Take care and don't worry about what you're supposed to do, just do what you want to do.

Good luck!
    Melanie.

Melody Guest

Chrissy that could have been me you were writing about (in the later stages of pg) You are so not alone..... I also felt really withdrawn..... as though I were under a bell-jar & no-one could penetrate or understand. Just go with it, dont fight it.....

WHOA... You are soooo not alone

I am sure that you feel better already with the other posts, but my weekend was as follows:
    Friday night - Home 6.30 Dinner and Bed by 8pm

Saturday - up 10am - Brekky and clean kitchen by 12.30 bed until 3pm. Saturday night - Party from 5pm, struggle on until 10 and tell hubby that we need to leave as I am going to cry or fall asleep on feet.

Sunday - up at 9am, planned shopping trip with friend, she picked me up at 12 and we walked soooo much, by the time I got home, I was crying that I was just so emotionally and physically exhausted. DH cooked dinner, and we were in bed by 8 again.

Monday - awake at 7 for work... realise that if I drive I may fall asleep at wheel - call in sick, so that I can sleep!

Tuesday - at work, flat out but can’t stop thinking about tonight…

Chrissy I am so with you… the next 9 or so weeks couldn’t go quick enough.

lucysmummie Guest

SO know how u feel! just make sure u get up and walk every once in awhil or wear supportive stockings i was SO damn tired around 30wks that I slept for like 3 days straight and it could of been the reason I got a blood clot so just becareful! not to scare u im sure ul be fine i can only be the un lucky one here! Im finding regular naps are the way to go and latley ive been finding I have all the energy at night time which is good cause DH is home... U should probly get that nesting instinct going soon and then ul feel a tad better...mabe u need a pedicure or a facial to help u relax and then u might not feel so tired.... babe Im sure u DO look beautiful even though WE ALL dont feel like it i feel like a whale rather he he he

I feel the same way you do Chrissy. I have never had my burst of energy and have totally felt like I was the only one as everyone kept telling me i shouldn't be this tired. I am lucky enough to have now finished work and sleep when I need to. Sleep - and don't feel guilty

Well, my lovely ladies, thank you SOOOO much for taking the time to reply.

I guess in a way this really is anxiety related for me....that whole issue of not letting go and accepting that i am HUMAN...and that its ok to feel this way as i am pregnant!! I tend to analyse it all and you would not believe the internal chattering I had over the weekend. It was like my mind was constantly in battle with my body.

I guess I still put pressure on myself to be a certain way....but only because I am paranoid that if I do stop, and slow down, I will retreat back into my avoidence shell etc.
    Of course, this weekend I also went through the whole...if this is how I am coping now, how will I handle it when I have the baby??

Thank you for helping to restore my confidence in myself...and that I am totally normal.

Plus another pregnant lady at work confided that she is now feeling exhausted as well...and has lost her 'glow' and she was always so upbeat.

I hope all of this just made sense.

I had a doona day off work today after struggling through parent teacher interviews last night.

YAY for the doona day!! Well done! I have been exhausted & haven't even reached the 2nd trimester "blooming" phase yet LOL... maybe in time to start the 3rd trimester in a few weeks

I have never felt so sleepy every day.. i know how you feel.. and even when it was suppose to get better during the 2nd trimester, it never did.. now im in the 3rd its even worse.. my biggest enemy is my work as im up at 6am and not home until 6.30pm and they dont care that im tired.. to them (as theyve never been pregnant or had a partner who has) pregnancy is only a fat stomach!