Thread: positive hpt

Default positive hpt

just curious,
    can you get a BFP when the cells are still travelling down to the uterus or only when it has already burrowed into the uterus linging?

Baby0309 Guest

Pregnancy
    Fertilization of the egg takes place within the fallopian tube. As the fertilized egg passes down the tube, it undergoes its first mitotic divisions. By the end of the week, the developing embryo has become a hollow ball of cells called a blastocyst. At this time, the blastocyst reaches the uterus and embeds itself in the endometrium, a process called implantation. With implantation, pregnancy is established.

The blastocyst has two parts:
    the inner cell mass, which will become the baby, and
    the trophoblast, which will
    develop into the placenta and umbilical cord
    and begin to secrete human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG).

hope this helps

as soon as the egg and sperm meet all the cells and things start deviding. From then on u start producing the HCG. So yes it is possible to get a BFP that early. tho waiting until ur period is due is a good idea to do another.

gee i hope that made sense..

did u get a BFP??

yep got a very faint BFP but got dates wrong with FF cause i wasnt charting properly so they said i O between CD19 - CD23 so i was just trying to figure out which date would suit best.

Congrats!

thanks zee! :-)

thats awsome congrats!! the best way to find out what date to go by is to get a blood test. but if u know when u "o" for sure, pretty much any time after that u can get a BFP.. good news tho when are you due???

well FF calculated 24th March, but it goes a date back or forth depending on when i put in an O date. is it too early to book in for btest? i wanna do it this week some time. and also wouldnt mind an early ultra sound but they didnt do that early with DD1 so would i need a reason for one? i wanna get the best accurate EDD this time round cause i dont want to be induced at 10 days over and find out that got dates wrong and really baby wasnt due yet (like what happene first time round)!

Baby0309 Guest

congratulations...