Thread: Potting mix in Pg

Default Potting mix in Pg

Hi everyone, I don't know if I'm actually pg, but am in the tww and have had some good signs. Just wanting to know if it's safe to use potting mix and plant foods at this point? I've know that you have to be careful with potting mix ie. wear gloves, wash hands etc, and I'm prepared to wear a mask when using it!

Any advice would be appreciated! TIA

Gee so glad i just read this as i'm 4 wks pg and was about to head outside to do some gardening. Didn't even think about wearing gloves etc... I'll blame my pg brain - lol. Don't know if there's any harm in it but i'll take precautions anyway

That is about all you can do really. Another tip is to dampen the potting mix so it is not so dusty when you tip it out.

I think the main risk is in inhaling it...so wetting it down and wearing a mask is a good idea. I just get DH to do the potting mix part for me though so I don't accidentally do something I shouldn't. I also think that it's more longer term exposure? Unsure but someone maybe able to add to this or correct it?

Thanks everyone! Have done all of the above and the garden is looking bootiful!