Thread: Preggy treats...

Smile Preggy treats...

Hello everyone.

I'm going to the cinema this afternoon as a bit of a self-indulgent preggy treat (also to cram in as many movies before I'm B/F and housebound ). I also read Ngala's thread about the massage yesterday and I'm thinking it's about time I got some aromatherapy back into my life.

So - just wondering - what self-indulgent or self-nurturing Preggy treats are YOU doing for yourself...?

I try and get a massage every month or so, its just devine!

I try and do a foot spa, hair treatment and fask mask monthly too.

I would love a massage let alone a foot spa, hair treatment and face mask - you are lucky Danni!

I'm guessing you would have to let the masseuse know you are pg so they don't push too hard? I do like a hard massage though. At how many wks do you muscles and joints go soft and flexible?

i should have worded that differently. I get the massage done professionally, but the foot spa, mask and hair treatment I do at home

When getting a massage you need to make sure its soft with only a little bit od pressure, otherwise you are increasing blood flow and putting too much strain on your heart and bubs too!

oh ok, thanks danni.

a hair treatment at home is a good idea. do U find your hair is in a better or worse condition now that you are pg?

hmmm i have always had oily hair...and everyone told me it will be better during pregnancy...Ive actually found its worse! One big grease ball. But when I do wash it , it looks great? full i guess

Chicken Twisties LOL serious!! I LOVE them

I got a massage last week - surprise from DH - and I think I will try and get one done every month as well....but want to find a place that has the hole for Belly as this place I went to didn't.

We need something though!!

We try to see a movie every few weeks also!

I'm going for my first preggy massage on Saturday and can't wait. I'm going to start taking a day off when I have a midwife appointment and having a massage on those days too

Apart from that, DH treats me like a princess right now. Dinner served to me every night, no housework (except laundry and ironing which I won't let him touch), and lots of 'me' time for reading and baths. He spoils me more than I spoil myself

nothing here LOL.going to the movies would be good, but im already housebound with 2 kids,LOL.
    my foot spa said it shouldnt be used in pregnancy. i guess cause of the reflexology points might trigger off labour??
    also, you need to avoid certain essential oils! make sure you know what ones are not ok!

oh im jealous dis girl!!!

eeeeekk U can't use certain oils! is alchemy hair products ok? are these oils ok in an oil burner or you mean applying directly onto the skin?

p.s sorry marydean this is your pampering thread. i should create a new one somewhere else.

Taia's Mum Guest

I have trained DH to give me a foot massage every night! It's bliss!!

Quote Originally Posted by supablondie View Post
    eeeeekk U can't use certain oils! is alchemy hair products ok? are these oils ok in an oil burner or you mean applying directly onto the skin?

p.s sorry marydean this is your pampering thread. i should create a new one somewhere else.
    not sure about alchemy.does it say on the bottle? is there a customer service number??

oils in burner are ok afaik.
    directly to skin you need to be very cautious. google essential oils and pregnancy and you should get info and a list of what to avoid

i think some oils in burners you still need to stay away from?

Ask Butterfly_warrior she had a list!

DH gives me foot massages on demand and back ones too - but we've had to be inventive with pillows to make a "hole" for bubs

I was getting my nails done, but have stopped that, am looking into proper massage though

You guys are all doing a great thing by pampering yourselves!!

I must say I don't really do anything except enjoy a couple of hours of me time each night after Louis goes to bed to go on bb, read, whatever I want!
    You need to make the most of that time before bubs arrives as you don't get much of it after!! hehehe.