Thread: Pregnancy After C - Sec

Question Pregnancy After C - Sec

Hi All,

Just looking for information and experiences from those who have had a C-Sec (elective or emergancy) to see how they went with following pregnancies.
    Whether they experienced pain while their scar was stretching, difficulties with little sticky ones, any thing basically that someone may wonder about when TTC for another child.

Anything will be appreciated.

Cheers
    Nae x

I had an emergency c section with DS after a 14 hour induced labour. It took 4 years and fertility treatment to have him. In November we started talking about number 2 so I started temping etc my next cycle. I was never very 'regular' and had odd cycle lengths so I wasn't sure how we would go but having DS seemed to sort my cycles out. We conceived number 2 on the very next cycle. So far I have had no drama at all with my scar and I don't anticipate any. From what I know very few woman have problems with previous c section scars. I actually have had 2 c section cuts one with DS and another to have a tumor removed. I am planning a VBAC this time and have a very supportive OB so it should all be ok. Worse thing this time round was morning sickness in the first tri-mester .

I haven't had any problems with my scar during this pregnancy, no extra pains or anything my OB has been happy with it and he is supporting me in my decision to have a VBAC this time.

the only problem I occured was when I went into early labour with DS number 2...I was 33 weeks (hmm i think lol) and he tore my c/s scare internally and bruised it black. Its stayed bruised for 12 months AFTER I had my c/s and was a bit painful then but other wise with my pg's after all my c/s were normal...other then my scare being itchy now and then.

Good luck TTC

After the emergency c/s with DD1 we got pregnant with no problems - as soon as we started TTC. I had some spotting at 5w but it was nothing and the rest of my pregnancy was uneventful until 39w4d when I went into labour naturally. I had no pain or stretching feelings around the scar at all. The birth you know about but the pregnancy itself was problem free basically.

I had a CS with Matilda last May and we just started TTC in Feb and fell pregnant first shot, but had a miscarriage. I am glad you posted this thread, they are thoughts that I have been having since Matilda was born.

I hope your sticky BFP comes soon .

Quote Originally Posted by DaintreeDream View Post
    I had a CS with Matilda last May and we just started TTC in Feb and fell pregnant first shot, but had a miscarriage. I am glad you posted this thread, they are thoughts that I have been having since Matilda was born.
    Yeah thats why I posted mainly coz I fell in straight away when we were told we could start trying and I lost that little one. I wondered if it was just bad timing (amongst other things) or whether it tried to implant on or near the scar and couldn't stay connected. Who knows.