Thread: Pregnancy exercise classes on Sunshine Coast/Northside Brisbane...?

Default Pregnancy exercise classes on Sunshine Coast/Northside Brisbane...?

I want to get into some yoga or swimming for pregnancy. I've done yoga before pregnancy at uni, not really swimming at all though, but would prefer a specific pregnancy class, just in case (plus the uni class won't take me now I'm UTD! lol!).

I am having no luck whatsoever finding any yoga or swimming or even just general exercise classes on the Sunshine Coast. I've found lots of physio classes, but the hospital run a free pregnancy physio class so I'm gonna go to that.

So I'd travel up the Sunshine Coast probably as far as Maroochydore and down probably to about Petri, maybe Strathpine depending on if theres anything else closer! I'm just feeling really sluggish and need to get moving, but I've got really bad lower back pain which jars when I'm walking so I don't do much of that (hopefully the physio classes will help that!)! So I'd rather do some yoga (even a birth yoga class would be good... dunno if they only do them closer to brisbane...?) or swimming, to get me moving but not in pain!

Any suggestions?

Alisia - I actually do a pregnancy yoga class (course has been going for 4 weeks, but you can call in at any time) and it is at Coolum. I've only been doing it for 4 weeks, and I am so not the physical type, and so not flexible I have found out!!! haha It is on Saturday mornings for 2 hours. So you are welcome to come and be my yoga buddy!!!! the yoga teacher is nice and friendly. Although, I do know of another class that runs in Buderim - so if you pm me, I can give you their email addresses :-) Good luck!!!!

Thanks Mel! Emailed both ladies, and found the website for the Coolum yoga... had looked at that one before actually, but was a bit far up! Hopefully I'll find some more info about the Buderim one, and I'll PM you with the details.

Great thanks :-)

Mel... you gave me a great starting point... Since I search that Coolum one, I've found HEAPS of yoga classes (I never found ANY of these when I went searching! Typical! LOL!). Thought I'd post them in case someone else came acroos this search and wanted to know some info!
    "Being Yoga" is at Coolum, 8 week class on Saturday mornings 9:15-11:15am. This ones too far for me (bugger!) but you can google it for more info.
    "Yoga In Daily Life" centre in Maroochydore has a pre-natal class on every Tuesday 4.30-6pm. Unfortunately the wrong day for me of course! Theres a website you can google for it too.
    The class in Buderim is on Saturdays by Jay Campbell, google her name for more info.