Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy & Headaches

wheat pack is good...but i prefer the towel as i can wrap it around my whole neck if you know what i mean?

You can do the hot towel again as often as you like and see if it helps. Also try a gentle massage around your neck, base of skull and tops of shoulders

Ooh good tip there Danni...will have to remember that one for future use.

Veronica - Have you tried one of those migraine stick things? I think they have peppermint in them and you rub a bit into your temples. I use to have one years ago for migraines, and it worked most of the time. Congratulations on your pregnancy..All the best..

Nic

Glad Danni's tip worked for you. I know how you feel about taking Panadol. I'm a regular migraine sufferer (2 per month minimum!) but fortunately since being pregnant have just had really bad headaches. Asked my doctor about them - said I was only taking Panadol when they got to the unbearable stage and was there anything else I could do? She said yes - "take the blo*dy Panadol before it got unbearable!!!" Her view was that mum being unwell and stressed was worse for baby than popping a panadol on a non-frequent basis. I'm still reluctant but will now take a panadol before I get really bad

LOL thats funny what your doctor said!!

I think that yes it would be better to take some panadol before things get too bad and stressing the baby out. How many would she recommomend? I know that sometimes panandol does not help my real bad headaches thats why I was talking nurafen, but something that didnt even help!

drink a litre of water and 2 panadol. Take 2 every 4-6 hours but I wouldnt take very many before I saw a doctor.

Because I'm getting headaches pretty regularly, I'm trying to take one panadol to start to see if that dulls it enough so I can keep doing stuff. If it doesn't subside in say half an hour, I pop another one. Doc was fine with me basically sticking to the packet directions. I'm a mersyndol girl so I'm really really missing them!!!

A dr I worked with when I was pg with Kat, saw I got migraines and said Codiene is ok in small doses also, she too was of the opinion that if mum was feeling as bad as I do when I get migraines, two panadine, would do more good for the bub than trying to soldier thru in pain and sickness and stressing myself and bubs in the process.

yeah i have heard the same Kat, but im a bit scared...

Thanks so much girls!!

I am definitly going to ask my dr what is best..

But I have gotten to the point that I have had this headache for 3 days now, so I think I will take a panadol and then try the hot towel when I get home and just rest.

I also had one Dr who when I was 13wks pg and having terrible hormonal migraines for a week or more non stop, told me "pity ur not 20wks, then I could give you something stronger". NFI what he meant. I normally have to take cafergot when I get a migraine (and maxalon to stop the vomitting the cafergot induces), but the migraine goes quite quickly. When Pg, I take panadine, but only when nothing else has worked and only when I am about to have a sleep/rest to get the best possible effect from it.

I too suffer from the dredded pregnant headaches.

I also get sinusitis when pregnant to add insult to injury.

My headaches were very bad at the end of my pregnancy with Patrick as I went 41 weeks and had some fluid build up by then.

Find out what works now as you never know what you'll get at the end as well!

Danni - Just want to say THANKS for the towel idea! I went out yesterday after work and bought some small fluffy towels and gave it a go last night. It felt great! DP thought I was a little crazy putting a hot towel on my neck cause it was about 30 degrees last night! But it worked. No headache today

whooo hoooo I love helping others with headaches especially when I know how debilitating they can be!! Im so glad it worked

Hi, just wanted to see how your headaches are going? I too have been getting some beauties. My head aches so much its hard to keep my eyes open. Ive been taking panadol when I cant take it anymore and going to bed early. Hope your feeling better.

Hey Ollie

My headaches have been pretty good since they went away monday.. not one since and havent even felt one coming. Touch wood that they are going to stay away from me!!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

I have found helping to ease my headaches, pregnant or not....is tiger balm on your temples. It doesn't smell all that great, but is quite relaxing and soothing. It is used for lots of other things as well. Available at most chemists and supermarkets.

I was told tiger balm is a HUGE no-no??????

Default headaches

Hi
    I have been getting really bad headaches. I am 13 weeks and wanted to know if i can take panadol and is it ok to take it every 4-5 hours or is that too much
    Sara

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast