Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy & Headaches

I have been getting Chiropractor headaches whent to chiro got it fixed but noticed the past week I have been getting migraine type headaches behind my eyes at around the same time each day which is a little weird so thinking they might be hormonal.

either way they are annoying. I find a coffee soemtimes helps if u have it before it get's toobad.

goodluck

If you are constantly having headaches, you need to make sure to keep an eye on your blood pressure because it can affect the pregnancy. If the headache is bother you, try laying in bed with legs elevated and head on pillow. THis is give a good blood flow to the brain. I get headaches too but on and off so I ask my DH to give me a head massage which helps too! Hope your headaches go away soon!

Hi Claire i know exactly how u feel! I've been getting headaches constantly the past few months and no relief. Panadol does absolutely nothing and i really don't want to take anything stronger (i was also told i could but don't feel comfortable doing so). I saw my ob last week and she told me it's hormonal and they usually start to decrease around 16 weeks. I'm now 18 weeks and on my 4th day of this headache! They did stop for a week or so... Mine tend to be around my eyes alot and since i get sinus a fair bit i'm hoping it's sinus related since there is so much smoke around outside at the moment.
    I know when i'm stressed they are worse...
    I hope your headaches ease up, they're no fun with a toddler around!! Take care

Enchanted Guest

Default Headaches??

Hi everyone,

For the past few days I have had this headache that I can't get rid of. I have tried panadol, drinking more water, resting as much as possible and nothing will make it go away!!!

Has anyone else had anything like this or have any ideas of why I might have it?!? I have been tested for PE and they said that I don't have it. So I am pretty sure it is not related to that.

HELP!

seeing as you are 38 weeks I would see a Dr..

Other then that.. do you drink coffee? and if so have you had one lately.. I get that even though I only drink on average one cup a day... if I skip that cup I get a headache.. drink coffee and it goes away...

Enchanted Guest

I haven't drank coffee since I found out I was pregnant! I just went off it!!

I just don't want to bug my Dr or the hospital again! Might have to!

Hi Danielle, sorry to hear you have had such a nasty headache. I am not sure why you might have it, there are so many different reasons for headaches.

I get similar ones to you occasionally and they last for a few days, I find I usually get them when I haven't been drinking enough. Unfortunately for me, nothing gets rid of them (I tried drinking more and Panadol too), but I do find getting out and about seems to ease them. Try going for a walk in the fresh air (if you're up to it) or just walking around the shops. I had one for three days over the weekend and I found just getting out of the house and getting a coffee helped!

Do keep your fluid intake up though, I suffered those type of headaches more towards the end of my last pregnancy and I am sure it was because I wasn't drinking enough.

Hope you feel better soon
    Last edited by ~Trish~; July 20th, 2007 at 04:29 PM.

Talking

Last time I had lots of HA's too. they checked my BP, fluid levels, and protein and found it was just dehydration.
    Do keep your fluid intake up though, I suffered those type of headaches more towards the end of my last pregnancy and I am sure it was because I wasn't drinking enough.
    def do this and chances of uti r reduced too. (that may also cause HA's)

Default massive headaches

has anyone else been getting massive headaches while pregnant - i have had one for two days now! panadol doesn't seem to work, i don't know what else to do.

I suffer from hideous headaches in pregnancy so you have all of my sympathies..
    I am a migraine sufferer and mine are migraines.

Cold pack on your head in a quiet room. Panadol may take a little of the ecge of - the trick is to take them early. Don't wait until you have a full blown headache.

There really is little you can do as they are usually caused by the hormones running rampant! Sometimes though it can be exacerbated by not eating on time, not drinking enough water etc. So, just take a look at what you are eating and drinking and make sure you do so regularly.

you poor thing, have you been drinking a lot? it can be caused by dehydration sometimes... a lot of water usually helps me. i think yuo can take panadeine too if it gets really bad (doule check though in case i am wrong on that one!)

misty i get nasty migranes... and have had two in the last 3 weeks!! and im 17 weeks...

the best thing i have found, take your two panadol every 4 hours like the packet says, go to bed with light loose clothing , make the room as dark as possible, put a wettish cold fflannel across your head and close your eyes. tyr not to think of the pain, i know its hard...
    breathe slowly and deeply and if you can imagine the pain seeping away with every breathe out, i knwo this sounds weird but its part of reiki that my mum taught me. have no noise around you....
    just do this and youll drop off to sleep and hopefully wake up feeling 100% better. when you wake up, drink tons of water and take more panadol, thatll help fight the headache....

where is it concentrated? behind your eyes? ears or in your temples??

do you feel sick like vomiting?

thanks for the advice girls, I will try to take it (as best i can with a toddler to look after). pity SAHMs cann't take sick days.

Default Headache behind eye

I've been getting strong headache type pains behind my eyes on and off today, which only last for a few seconds, but are quite horrible.

Has anyone had anything similar to this?

I have had these through all of my pregnancies, if you are worried about it, talk to your ob or gp about it, i just used to go to bed and put a warm wheatbag over my eyes, it really helped
    I hope it eases for you soon!

thanks Naomi - they havent been as bad today, but I'll mention them to my ob on my appointment at Wednesday just to be safe

I had this too. Drink plenty of water. My GP's answer to everything was "Drink lots of water" there's not much else you can take...

Ann

I had this once and thought I needed new glasses so visited my optometrist. Turns out you can get a sinus infection in your tear ducts/eyes that causes this sort of pain. Your GP might be able to give you antibiotics - which is what I got.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast